Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holy cow look at this widebody on CL?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Uh barf.gif WTF.gif

http://provo.craigslist.org/cto/2046598544.html
biosurfer1
I guess if the GT flares arn't good enough, just strap on some more flare?smile.gif
Mark Henry
Looks like an easy fix. If the body's done right might not be that bad of a deal.
JRust
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 6 2010, 10:12 PM) *

I guess if the GT flares arn't good enough, just strap on some more flare?smile.gif

I think he could use a skinnier tire & a wider wheel though lol-2.gif
Mike Bellis
If those Daytons were gold maybe bs.gif
Check out this one... Only $2K

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2046420236.html

Click to view attachment
Chris Hamilton
I like that purple one. Would be worth it just for the steel flares.
URY914
Never seen Dayton wire wheels on a 914.
Andyrew
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 6 2010, 10:33 PM) *

If those Daytons were gold maybe bs.gif
Check out this one... Only $2K

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2046420236.html

Click to view attachment

That purple one used to be a v8 w/ 500hp.. See the high dollar v8 conversion parts in the classifieds? ALL those parts were in that car..

Andyrew
Also the running driving "widebody" could be easily fixed... That kinda price with those goodies? Looks like a potentially good deal!
Mike Bellis
The purple one looks like it has stepside truck fenders grafted on. Check out the giant hole in the long... Oh, and $12K for his suspension and transmission and adapter plate is ridiculous!...
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Yup, IIRC they are stepside fenders. He was running nos as well... His brother had a track v8 914 that was insane, and he liked to keep up with him on the straights..
00SEVEN
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 6 2010, 11:12 PM) *

Those are some Pimp A$$ wire wheels
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 7 2010, 11:20 AM) *

The purple one looks like it has stepside truck fenders grafted on. Check out the giant hole in the long... Oh, and $12K for his suspension and transmission and adapter plate is ridiculous!...

How much is a ZF gearbox worth?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Nov 7 2010, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 7 2010, 11:20 AM) *

How much is a ZF gearbox worth?

It's problably worth more to a Pantera or GT 40 kit car. I know they are not cheap but not the go to tranny for a porsche V8 conversion. A 930 box or even a 915 is easier to find pars for. I think if he wants the parts sold, $6K is a better price. Or, just put the car back together (fix the big hole in the long) and ask $12K for a rolling car. The body looks to have structural issues. Like the passsenger long, center tunnel, front trunk, fire wall looks goofy. It is not worth more than $500 and that's only because of the flairs, if steel. The rest of the body has no real worth because it is stripped so much. If you had the body and all the parts in the pile, you still need an engine and another $10k before you have a nice restored car. I have gotten FREE 914's in better shape and rolling. It does look neat in pictures but it also looks like a complete re-do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.