Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ..............
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Martin Baker
3liter914-6
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Apr 21 2004, 11:32 PM)
I am looking for a new or used 914-6 GT type seat, and opinion on the best Race/Sport Seats for the 914, preferably one that fits the back pad, if one exsist's. What about the one Auto Atlanta used to sell? Where those a custom made seat that they had done? Really would like to upgrade to a more serious type seat.  Thanks in advance.

I think the seats AA had were Koenigs, or at least they made one that was similar. I did a quick web search and didn't turn anything up except for one guy who's running Koenig P700 seats, that may be the model number (he didn't have pics). I'd call up a Koenig retailer or maybe their NA headquarters and see if they have a listing for a 914 seat.
JmuRiz
The closest you'll find is the old Scheel or newer Konig seats (same seat, I think Scheel sold the design to Konig). I'm not sure if you can take the headrest off, but that'd give you the closest look. I also want some Konig seats, but I'm not sure if they are making them anymore. The part number is KS914 and it's a 'specialty' seat for the 914. It fits the backpad AFAIK, a local guy beat me to one for sale, so I'll check his next time I see him.

If anyone knows where to find them, at a reasonable price I'd love to know...Group Buy anyone?

Nathan

PS: If you are over 200lbs or have a wide bootyshake.gif , these might not be the seats for you.
boxstr
The one seat that AA used to sell was a reworked stock seat, I have one that I purchased many years ago, sitting at CAMP, dark brown in color. I also have a couple sets of the Konig seats, they are a very equal match to the 914-6 GT seats. I have one iin my 914-8 AX car, definetly keeps your butt planeted, speaking of butts, they need to be narrow to fit.
CCLINSEATOFYOURPANTS
Porsche Rescue
I am very happy with my new Renegade Hybrids seat. Got the one with highest bolsters. Again, could be tight fit for those with broad beam. Pretty expensive when factoring shipping your core and return shipping. However, since it is based on factory seat, everything fits.
Right after I got mine (naturally) Bradholio said he knew of a used one for sale somewhere.
Scott S
The AA seats are no longer available. The were a stock seat with a straight triangulated bolster added. I didn't think they looked to bad, but I sure didn't trust the quality. If you are small, Corbeau makes a seat that looks close. They will raise you up in the car and they do not go back all the way (they dont fit the steel firewall recess, let alone the back pad. I was not able to find any of the scheels or koenig seats, so I had Renegade Hybrids build mine. I have heard of seems coming loose, and I think it is due to the tweed the use on bolsters. I wanted mine to look authentic as possible, so I had them do the entire bolster in vinyl. I am 6'2", 250 with a big ass. The seats are a year old and still look new. I spent the extra 30.00 for a 1" piece of foam that was upolstered to match that replaces the bottom cushion. That dropped me at least an additional 1.5" in the car. Even with my big ass and the tall bolsters, my car is very comfortable to drive.
Martin Baker
mikester
You should have asked if the intended to deliver them or just take orders and money for them.
JmuRiz
Since the Konig seats are hard to find I might end up with some of the Renegade seats w/ the full vinyl bolsters (if they'll do that for me). After seeing pictures of Scott's seats time after time they look better each time.

If you want to AA seats, I seem to remember CAMP914 posting something in the classifieds trying to get rid of his stock of stuff. Say some brown AA style seats there. Not sure how tight the lap part of the seatbelts would get though (might want to think about that).

Nathan
dflesburg
If I can find pictures of mine I should post them. They are kewl...
vortrex
someone posted a link a while back for a company that sold GT type seats. they were very nice looking. as I recall they even had the low back versions. does anyone remember that link?
echocanyons
vintageseats.com
JmuRiz
I've seen those seats too...anyone know if they make any that will fit the 914 backpad...or the price. They look REALLY nice!
VegasRacer
Shameless advertisement.

I have one very nice original Scheel seat for sale.
Fits perfectly in a 914 with backpad in place.
No rips, cuts or tears. One tiny (1/4") hole.
$250 plus shipping or free delivery at the WCC.
SOLD
JWest
Vegas, you have a PM.
Martin Baker
Scott S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 22 2004, 11:06 AM)
Shameless advertisement.

I have one very nice original Scheel seat for sale.
Fits perfectly in a 914 with backpad in place.
No rips, cuts or tears. One tiny (1/4") hole.
$250 plus shipping or free delivery at the WCC.

damn - I wish I had that opportunity last year! Killer seat. smilie_pokal.gif
campbellcj
FWIW the Koenig P700 or CP700 are not the ones you want; they are full race seats. Steel tube frame and heavy as a tank, but fairly comfortable. Not sure if they would fit with the backpad.
lapuwali
Wow, Very nice, exactly what I want...and SUPER Exspensive.

Yow! If those guys manage to sell any seats at those prices, I'm in entirely the wrong business. And they also have the temerity to say carbon fiber is "expensive"! By their definition, that must be 5 figures. And here I was thinking the $350 Renegade wants to modify a stock seat was pricey...
d914
corbeau has one that fit the 914 hardware classic gt II about $200
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(d914 @ Apr 22 2004, 03:55 PM)
corbeau has one that fit the 914 hardware classic gt II about $200

but those don't fit the backpad...
vortrex
koenig KS914 is the seat specifically made to fit the 914 backpad. that's a nice looking seat, but nearly the same price of the vintage seats.

hasn't someone (B r a d?) mentioned that the renegade seats are weak and will break down with use? I think the vintage seats are not a bad deal compared to what the renegades cost.
d914
I'm short ,my seat never made it that far back. otherwise they work great. I'll take pics they are in my yellow car.
boxstr
Nice seats, kind of spendy. http://www.reoriginals.com/
CCLINPLEASEBESEATED
campbellcj
The vintageseats.com prices are not really that astronomical for a high-end product IMHO.

A set of early 911 factory recaro sport seats is in the $3000 ballpark, at least when covered in "correct" leather and in perfect condition. Even terribly battered "cores" sell easily for $400-600 each.

And top quality aftermarket race seats are $600 on up these days.

I guess it's all relative. Seats are both a comfort and SAFETY item so strength and quality construction are very important.
boxstr
A picture of the different seats,left to right, brown oen is AA seat, then Konig seat, then GT style seat(do not know manufacturer) last is the Corbeau seat, ( doe's not fit into the back pad.
CCLINPLEASEBESEATED
boxstr
Side view..
seanery
craig, is the corbeau the only one that doesn't fit?
DuckRyder
Sweet truck.................................
boxstr
Sean Yes the Corbeau is the only one that won't fit into the backpad. The rest work perfect.
Thanks Duck.
CCLIN29MODELA
Gint
Craig, Can you send me a PM or email with some of the seat options you have available for sale?
Steve
Beware the Konig seats are very tight in the butt.
I have a 32" waist and ended up selling them because they were uncomfortable.
Before buying any seat I would sit in it first.
Preferably in a 914.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.