Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bell vs Arai
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
PeeGreen 914
So I have to by a new helmet this year. I am going to buy it once they are released so I can have it painted and back to me before the autocross season starts.

So, what do you guys suggest. I am only using this for autocross and Karting. I think I am more concerned about the shifter Karts as there are times when I am out there for close to an hour.

Thanks guys beerchug.gif
drew365
I have to buy a new one also, as my current one is Snell2000. The 2010 haven't been released yet? I didn't realize that. When will they be released?
One of my main concerns for the new helmet will be being able to wear my glasses with the helmet.
Joe Ricard
Bought a M2000 Bell Apex for Autocross Karting. Not the lightest but it fits and is stable at speed. 100 shipped.

Snell 2010 Supposed to come this October.
mhttp://www.gphelmets.com/arai-snell-2010-helmets-SA2010-and-K2010-s/85.ht

My helmets never last more than 5-6 years so I don't feel the need forthe latest model.
carr914
The 2010 Helmets should be coming out now. I'll be at the PRI show next month and can get more info.

Jon, I highly recommend my friends @ IndocilArt. Ryan & the guys do awesome Paint jobs and they offer Helmet/Paint packages.

http://www.indocilart.com/flash.html

I really like my Bell GTX. I also have a Bieffe which is very light, but they hard to find. Arai is the up & comer, a lot of Pros wear them. I have one of Rafa's Arai that fits me, but I don't like how it sits on my noggin.

Also if your doing a lot of karting, look into a Leatt neck & back brace

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
Wow T.C. they're spendy. I am having Air Boston Graphics do it wink.gif

Suport your fellow teeners beerchug.gif

Seems as though the Bell Vortex may be the one I will go with.
underthetire
Which ever one fits you better. I have both for the dirtbike, I like the Arai better on my head. Arai has been in the M/C word for years.
C.Plavan
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 8 2010, 10:15 AM) *

Which ever one fits you better. I have both for the dirtbike, I like the Arai better on my head. Arai has been in the M/C word for years.

Having just bought a new Snell 2010 Arai, I was amazed how much better it fit my head from my old Bell and Sparco. Much lighter to.

As far as painters- I get mine back today from www.Cleberdesigns.com .

Cleber recieved it on the 12/3 and I'll have it back today from UPS today (12/14). Very fast work. He listened to my ideas, then sent me a bunch of proofs and let me pick/modify which ones I like. Great communication.

He paints alot of Pros helmets.

Just my .02 cents- I'll post a picture once I recieve it.
jhadler
Try on as many different helmets as you can. If it isn't comfortable, you won't want to wear it. Keep in mind that some karting organizations may require "K" rated helmets (specific for karting). This will limit your selection to choose from.

-Josh2
ConeDodger
I don't really have an opinion that I would consider valid but I wanted to point out something that my lovely wife told me... Arai is Tagalog for 'OUCH!' No kidding. biggrin.gif
C.Plavan
Click to view attachment
Here is my New SA2010 Arai GP6S-
Much lighter than my old Bell and Sparco. Fit's my head great.

Got it back from paint (www.cleberdesigns.com) Cleber did great work.
Chris Hamilton
How much did that custom paintjob set you back?
carr914
QUOTE(C.Plavan @ Dec 25 2010, 11:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Here is my New SA2010 Arai GP6S-
Much lighter than my old Bell and Sparco. Fit's my head great.

Got it back from paint (www.cleberdesigns.com) Cleber did great work.

Very Nice !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.