Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: type 4 cooling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914momo
What will keep my engine cooler, the 911 style fan or stock setup? I really like the looks of the 911 style but am not sure..
machina
The DTM fan cools better than anything else and draws less power. The 911 fan and shrouds require alot of power to drive but are probably better at moving air than the stock fan, but you proably don't need that much cooling.

dr
Mark Henry
Keep it stock, the DTM might offer a bit better cooling, but fitting it would be a PITA. 911 style may look cool and works on a 911, but they suck on a /4. If you want it to look bling do a lot of paint and powder coat detail.

Put your money in the engine, not on it. smile.gif
cnavarro
Why is your engine running hot? There might be an underlying problem causing these conditions and adding a big fan isn't necessarily the answer but rather a big band-aid.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Jake Raby
The stock arrangement does an above average job of cooling- more even than any 911 system that I tested.

The DTM will fit a 914 with slight mods that I can do to it. On a certain F Production we went from a FAT 911 shroud to my DTM and the engine dropped 75 degrees immediately and is now the front runner in the region. Running that much cooler and losing less energy to mechanical drag freed up that much power.

The DTM does weigh less, about 1/2 of the stock arrangement and is easier to get to certain parts of.

design the engine to make less heat, and you'll be ahead of the game. My 2316 makes 181 BHP in my 914 with 10:1 CR and it runs as cool as my stock engine did!!
machina
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 22 2004, 09:06 AM)
My 2316 makes 181 BHP in my 914 with 10:1 CR and it runs as cool as my stock engine did!!

hey jake,

do you run pump gas or race gas?

dr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.