Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeing Double!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
Took Friday off to take my son up to Sun 'n Fun in Lakeland FL for a Cub Scout event where he got his first small aircraft flight. He built a balsa glider and built and launched his first model rocket. AND I missed a visit from my first local 914.

A few months back a guy ( Who oddly enough works less than a block from my workplace ) stopped by my house to speak with me about my 914. On friday he stopped by to show me the '71 he got off of CL about 3 weeks ago.

At least I now have a local teener to commiserate with.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

BiG bOgGs
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

BiG bOgGs
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
BiG bOgGs
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
BiG bOgGs
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mskala
The yellower one will be faster biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
OMG!!! Is that a Subaru Samurai? Do you not answer the door when Ralph Nader comes by to warn you? av-943.gif
steveherman
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 8 2010, 12:18 PM) *

OMG!!! Is that a Subaru Samurai? Do you not answer the door when Ralph Nader comes by to warn you? av-943.gif

SUZUKI saurai...
not subaru
biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(steveherman @ Nov 8 2010, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 8 2010, 12:18 PM) *

SUZUKI saurai...
not subaru
biggrin.gif

SAMURAI...
not saurai poke.gif lol-2.gif Seriously, that is the last one in existence right?
chandler1969
Nothing wrong with yeller. :-)
realred914
you ought to get them two cars together moree often, maybe they will hit it off and mate and produce more little yellow cars!!!

coolness is so sweet....... beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif driving-girl.gif first.gif flag.gif cheer.gif lol-2.gif sawzall-smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif
bcheney
My 75 2.0 soon to be 914/6 conversion is yellow. Thanks for sharing. I purchased my car from an orthodondist in Fort Myers in 1983. He was the original owner...he bought it from the Porsche Dealer in Sarasota at the time and had a new 911SC on order from Val Ward Porsche. I grew up in Cape Coral. Nice to hear from a fellow teener in my old stoppin grounds! Which car is yours in the pics? What year is the car he got on CL? I live in Orlando now. You can check out my build thread... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=88031&hl=
Sleepin
Yellow cars are aaron.gif poke.gif lol3.gif
BiG bOgGs
The Samurai was my daily drive and just for S+G project. I dropped a 1.6L Turbo Diesel out of an 85 Jetta into her. It is a junkyard dog, but she gets 29 mpg. A little lift and some poly seats, and you got yourself some fun times. She motors right through crap that guys with "real" trucks get stuck in.

Mine is the 76 with the BUBs and the 5 lug conversion. I spoke with the owner of the 71 a few months back and he said he was looking, but I have had quite a few people tell me that, so I was surprised he actually came back to see me with one. biggrin.gif

My wife was great and took a lot of pics for me, but she forgot to get his contact info. I will be directing him here the next time I see him. headbang.gif
strawman
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Nov 8 2010, 05:12 PM) *

The Samurai was my daily drive and just for S+G project. I dropped a 1.6L Turbo Diesel out of an 85 Jetta into her. It is a junkyard dog, but she gets 29 mpg. A little lift and some poly seats, and you got yourself some fun times. She motors right through crap that guys with "real" trucks get stuck in.

I believe the Samurai is to the four-wheel world what the 914 is to the Porsche world -- a well-kept secret. When I lived in Utah, I transplanted a Sidekick fuel-injected 1.6 engine (replacing the carb'd 1.3), built a custom 4-link coil rear suspension (using '86 Jetta front springs and homebuilt heim-jointed links) and loooong jeep wrangler rear springs over the front axle, and installed 4.16:1 t-case gears, 5.13 gears and diff lockers front/rear. I also crafted an on-board air compressor system (so I could re-seat 33" tires that popped off the rims on the trail; I ran ~10psi), and adapted a Toyota Celica power steering box to it. That homebrewed rock-crawler embarrassed jeeps and landbruisers on the most difficult Moab trails, as well as the trails throughout northern Utah. They'd laugh at my "toy" until they were watching me walk away while they busted out their winch straps...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.