Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Other members of 914WORLD in Massachusetts ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badm
Who is out there? We need a get together thats not 4 hours from Boston in the spring. Badm beerchug.gif
r_towle
here
ldsgeek
Is New Hampshire close enough?
flippa
beer.gif
Rleog
beerchug.gif
badm
I am sorry I should have included N.H. in my post. I work all the time and for me a 6hr drive and a full weekend just wont work! I wold love to see if we cold get somphing together in Boston or an area central to all, in the spring, Lars Anderson, ETC. So all us New England guy's can get to know eachother. Badm
VaccaRabite
With enough lead time and a place to stay, I'd trek up to Boston for a meet. I love that town.

Zach
bembry
I'm in from Newport, RI
edrotol
QUOTE(badm @ Nov 8 2010, 08:52 PM) *

Who is out there? We need a get together thats not 4 hours from Boston in the spring. Badm beerchug.gif

Count me in if it is not raining.
gandalf_025
1 hour north of Boston on the N.H. Border.. I'm in
rhcb914
I'm about 1/2 hour south of boston...with no traffic smile.gif

I'm in!

jk76.914
I'm in from Newburyport.
Cevan
Western Mass checking in.
Jasfsmith
About a five hours north of Boston. I'm game if it is late spring and I'm still vertical. We're about two-three weeks behind you weather wise.
sixerdon
QUOTE(badm @ Nov 9 2010, 07:32 AM) *

I am sorry I should have included N.H. in my post. I work all the time and for me a 6hr drive and a full weekend just wont work! I wold love to see if we cold get somphing together in Boston or an area central to all, in the spring, Lars Anderson, ETC. So all us New England guy's can get to know eachother. Badm

Ben, Lars Anderson hosts German Car Day on Father's Day each year. There is always a big turnout of 50 or more Porsches, almost half of which are 356's. Another 50 or more are other marques. 914's are an almost no show. We could show up in decent numbers. Your car could get voted best Porsche!!
Another meeting place could be up in Newburyport to visit Precision Automotive Restoration (if they are willing to host us) where we might see this;
www.pbase.com/9146gt/image/92782349

Don
benalishhero
Up here in Portland,ME. I'd be up for a meet and greet this spring.
badm
I think (Don) has a verry good idea Fathers day is June 19 and Lars Anderson park in Brookline Ma, with the German car day! might be nice. Just think if we could get 10 or so 914's in one place. Badm blink.gif
NC_Colfax
I live in NC but..

I may be going to Ipswich were the company I work for is based in the US.

I would not have the 914 but 914 people are better the strange hotel bar foke.
partsman
Northeast MA checking in...

BTW, if anyone wants to do a event before the snow flies, on Sunday the 21 my town in holding it's annual Santa parade, with NUMEROUS old cars allowed in... I've had as many as 1 (mine) up to 3 914's in the parade... anyone interested this year?

Eric
pjf
I'm in from Ipswich. NC Colfax, look me up if you make that trip here.
mskala
I'm north of boston, west newbury specifically. Of course as of a few days ago my
engine's out, time for many things over the winter.

Also, I've been to the german car day once, maybe it's just me, but I didn't see
the benefit of paying them to park on their lawn and be ignored by all but 914
guys.

Now, thanks to hockey parents a few years ago, my left rear fender is a mess
and the whole car could use paint if I wanted anyone to look at it. Prefer some
kind of driving event in the better weather.
r_towle
I would be up for a BBQ over at my place.
I have a football field sized lawn so parking is no problem.
We could take a ride up in southern NH towards Keene...some great twisty roads up that way.
I also have a decent size shop for repairs...
Loads of parts here also.

Rich
Cevan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 12 2010, 09:17 PM) *

We could take a ride up in southern NH towards Keene...some great twisty roads up that way.

Rich

Rich, can you throw some flares and 5 lugs on my car for me while I'm there? poke.gif
badm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 12 2010, 05:17 PM) *

Rich

Repairs, parts, these car don't brake down. Rich I'm in for a get together, your in a nice area and free parking! We need something to look foreword to in the spring.
Badm. beerchug.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Cevan @ Nov 12 2010, 08:36 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 12 2010, 09:17 PM) *

Rich

Rich, can you throw some flares and 5 lugs on my car for me while I'm there? poke.gif

Without paint...1 day and your driving home to do bodywork and paint.
We can do that before the deep snow if you want..
My son Abel can move faster than me now...

Rich
rwilner
I'm in too (in Needham)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.