Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Needed ASAP So Cal area!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mgphoto
Hello,
Some mother#$@#* broke into my car and tried to steal my camera gear!
He broke my drivers side door handle and the drivers side window.

My car is a 72, I am looking for the door glass, I have the appearance group so I think it is tinted.

I also need the door handle with a good lock which I will need to re-key.
I am in the Southern California area, so someone close by, I can pick up ASAP.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

Eric_Shea
Bummer Mike.

I hope you're not out anything. The car stuff we can fix. I don't think I have any handles around here but. possibly Bruce can help out. He has a ton of stuff.
silver74insocal
agree.gif pm him at bdstone914 although i know the tinted ones are costly and elusive. dam LA crackheads...good luck
mgphoto
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 10 2010, 06:10 PM) *

Bummer Mike.

I hope you're not out anything. The car stuff we can fix. I don't think I have any handles around here but. possibly Bruce can help out. He has a ton of stuff.

Hey Eric,
Thanks, no the nit wit could not get past the front trunk latch, he bent the hood trying to pull it up, he attracted the attention of a security guard who was having lunch nearby, and he just took off. I was amazed when I opened the trunk and all of my gear was there, (about 20K's worth!) I had a guardian angel watching.

Biggest problem is time, this is my daily driver. I only have a few days to fix it.

Mike
mgphoto
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Nov 10 2010, 08:00 PM) *

agree.gif pm him at bdstone914 although i know the tinted ones are costly and elusive. dam LA crackheads...good luck

Thanks silver74,
I am not sure about the tinting, I have the appearance group but I am not sure if the windows are tinted seeing some of the green window tint examples I've seen on this site.
Mike
Black22
Seems to me like he knew that equipment was in there! These cars attract attention by themselves let alone loading them up with valuables in public. Sucks that he had to trash so many things to attempt his thievery! Hope you get it worked out soon. Check 914xprs on this site. He's in Riverside but might have what you need.
mgphoto
Hello All,
I just confirmed that my glass is not tinted so I am looking for a clear drivers side glass from an early car, (mine is a '72)
Thanks everybody for you help and encouragement!
Mike

Tom_T
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Nov 10 2010, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Nov 10 2010, 08:00 PM) *

Thanks silver74,
I am not sure about the tinting, I have the appearance group but I am not sure if the windows are tinted seeing some of the green window tint examples I've seen on this site.
Mike

Mike -

FYI the side windows tint was a separate option - "Tinted [Glass] All Around" is the way it shows on my 73 2L's COA (but may differ on others - BTW - only sides & windshield were tinted - not rear glass) - so it's not part of the App. Grp. option set.

Your pass. side & both wings (triangles) will look greenish if it's tinted (unless you're COA says it was originally - then look for tinted anyway - esp. here in SoCal).

Bruce Stone, or the G&R dynamic duo, or someone here in SoCal should be able to help you.

I only have a 74 parts car, & an unknown side in it's front trunk (may be from a 71) - so if you or someone can email me a pic of the early DS window - I can look at it tomorrow & see if it's the same or pass. side, or later of either (I don't recall).

PM or email me if you want me to look. I'm down in OC
bdstone914
I got him taken care of already. Mike picked up a window and door handle from me earliar today. Only $20 considering the situation smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Our hero! wub.gif

(call me) wink.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 11 2010, 07:47 PM) *

I got him taken care of already. Mike picked up a window and door handle from me earliar today. Only $20 considering the situation smile.gif

Good on ya' mate! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.