Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Brake Difference?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DJKnut
So I just ordered replacement calipers (from Parts-Geeks..) and they listed right and left part numbers... so I ordered one of each. Now I've removed the old calipers in prep for receiving the replacement, and I can't see any difference in them at all!! So if they are different, how do I tell which is which... I see the pistons are oriented differently depending on which side they are one, but that's all I see.... and the ones I pulled out didn't have the piston retainer plate shown in the Haynes manual.. Is that one of those 'Factory Extra' parts the previous owner threw away?? Dave
dr914@autoatlanta.com
ask them. Eric and I have our feelings hurt!

(seriously though they are actually interchangeable from 73-76 with the dual bleeder nipples. Get the vibration dampeners, orient the pistons and than you will have a left and right caliper!!! (just as you say!) Make sure that you install them though.

QUOTE(DJKnut @ Nov 11 2010, 03:17 PM) *

So I just ordered replacement calipers (from Parts-Geeks..) and they listed right and left part numbers... so I ordered one of each. Now I've removed the old calipers in prep for receiving the replacement, and I can't see any difference in them at all!! So if they are different, how do I tell which is which... I see the pistons are oriented differently depending on which side they are one, but that's all I see.... and the ones I pulled out didn't have the piston retainer plate shown in the Haynes manual.. Is that one of those 'Factory Extra' parts the previous owner threw away?? Dave

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.