Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BMW brake conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Neal
I just bought 1983 ATE 380I front calipers that have been rebuilt and since I have never done this and the calipers are new do I have to prime them with brake fluid before I hook up the lines and bleed the brakes ?

Neal
Neal
I meant 318i calipers
tat2dphreak
I didn't think the 318 had the right calipers... I thought it was the 320i with non-vented rotors huh.gif
ArtechnikA
bench-bleeding brake parts is -always- a good idea...
Neal
I am brain dead, I have 320i calipers. What is involved in bench bleeding ?
Neal
Joe Ricard
Naw benchbleedng calipers is a real pain in the ass and won't be that much better. Just mount the caliper attach the lines and open the bleed screw. Run a hose from the bleed screw to a bottle and let gravity do the work. Just make sure you keep the resevoir full. Once you get bluid comming outof the caliper do the other side the same. and then start bleeding.
Neal
Sounds like my kind of solution !, thanks

Neal
4WheelDrifter
Bench bleeding calipers seems like a waste of time since all the air is right there and will come out right away ans not many places for a bubble to hide. Bench bleeding a Master cyl, different story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.