Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 35 PSI showing at gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
With this much pressure what is happening or not happening. Is this detrimental to have this much pressure? Regulator was already set with the new 2.0 I just installed. I plan on reducing the PSI to 30.

......b
Joe Ricard
I would 1st ensure that the gauge you are using is calibrated or at least compared to a known value. Regular "bordan tube gauges can be off by that much after being dropped.
Dave_Darling
What is happening is that you are putting somewhat more stress on the FI parts (most especially injectors) and they may fail sooner than they would otherwise. You are also dumping more fuel into the engine than you "should" be. The FI assumes the fuel pressure is 2 bar (~29 PSI), so opening the injectors for X amount of time will result in Y fuel being delivered. If the pressure is higher, more fuel will flow through in X amount of time, so you'll get something like 110% of Y fuel. Resulting in a rich mixture.

And yes, this assumes the gauge is correct.

You can tweak the fuel pressure regulator to change the pressure. There's a jam nut and an adjusting bolt (with a slot head, I believe). Tighten the bolt to raise the pressure, loosen it to lower the pressure. And tighten the jam nut when you get it dialed in.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.