Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Rubber Wiper Motor Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Eric_Shea
Looking for the rubber mount that goes between the wiper motor and the front bulkhead.

Thanks,

E.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 12 2010, 09:52 PM) *

Looking for the rubber mount that goes between the wiper motor and the front bulkhead.

Thanks,

E.

McMaster Carr Supply has them for a couple bucks each.

Regards
Joe
type47
I just installed the wiper assembly in the project car yesterday! The mount on my assembly looks just like a fuel pump mount. As you probably found out ('cause you're posting here) it's NLA at PelicanParts.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=101785
914Sixer
Eric,
I will send you one to PMB.
Eric_Shea
Thanks Mark, All:

I was searching McMaster last night and thought about the 1x1 M6 unit but was going to measure this morning to be sure. Mark, if you have a great factory piece, send that on and I'll take care of ya.

Thanks for the link Jim... I'm going to add some measurements and a McMaster recommendation for those coming after us.

Thanks again.

E.
Eric_Shea
For this application the 1x1 M6 unit is the closest that McMaster has. The factory piece seems to be 1.25" x .50 (32mm x 13mm). The factory piece I have may have been stretched over the years so... the 1x1 M6 may be fine for others. I'm going to see how the one Mark has compares.

Thanks again,

E.
type47
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 13 2010, 09:51 AM) *

The factory piece I have may have ...

Any chance you could post a pic of the factory piece? I'd like to compare it to the one on the wiper assembly I mounted. Unfortunately, I didn't take off the assembly (but thanks scottyb ... ) and I wonder if the one on the assembly is factory. It sure looks exactly like a fuel pump mount. When I mounted the assembly, it seemed like the mount needed to be a tad longer because when I tightened the 6mm nut on the mount behind the bulkhead, I could hardly get the nut on the wiper part that sticks out of the cowl. I had to loosen the 6mm nut, then thread on the nut on the cowl, then go back inside and tighten the 6mm nut.
Eric_Shea
Hey Jim,

I may have tossed it. I'll check today.

It is the same premise as the fuel pump isolators but I believe it's almost twice as long. Mine was torn in two but... the pieces measure roughly 1.25" x .5".
914Sixer
Okay, here is a picture with measurements. Please note the OFFSET of this piece.
Eric_Shea
That's it... funny, I thought that offset was just from it sitting in that position for 36 years... cool! smilie_pokal.gif

I've "got" to come to Boerne, TX one of these days... there "must" be a real "Lost Warehouse" there.

By chance... any fuel line and brake line clips (plastic ones) that you could add in the box?
914Sixer
I will have to dig for the plastic clips. I have a bag of used plastic items somewhere.
Eric_Shea
I just found the fuel line clips. I'm in need of a couple brake line clips though...

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
No plastic clips.
Eric_Shea
No worries... just found out the PP has them in stock. Done.
curt914
Hi Eric

I dont know if you found your wiper part yet or not, but..
Auto Atlanta has them (genuine)

http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?Part...al_number=12312

about $10.00

Curt
Eric_Shea
That would be great... maybe I could get George to take back the weird cable that came when I ordered a heater control cable. That was about 10 years ago... I still have that $4.68 cable in the top of my tool box as a reminder of what bad customer service is. (Silly me, I was asking for a product credit so I could spend more money with him).

Anywhooo... I'll bet I'm on that "list" of guys not to sell to.
Eric_Shea
Mark. You're a saint. Many thanks!

I put a few of the mounts on my last McMaster order. I believe their 208 1x1xM6 would work in this case. It would be much more stout than the factory piece but you shouldn't have any problems stretching it the extra bit into place.

Here's what it looks like next to the real deal:
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Eric,
Your piece does look like it would be a whole lot better and not 30+ yr old rubber.
Eric_Shea
I'm using the stock piece (Thanks again) but wanted to let others know there's a $2.00 replacement out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.