Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sill Triangles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TargaToy
I'm trial fitting my new sills and triangle supports to my new longs. When the sill itself is in the correct position and engaging the steps formed into the top of the triangle, the bottom point of the triangle is flying a good 1/2" below the radius on the bottom of the long. I know that nothing ever fits right off the shelf and will require some massaging but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this? It LOOKS like the bottom of the triangle is formed like it is to allow water/crud to fall out of the bottom. I just didn't know if there was something crucial about the length of this part--like to keep the fiberglass or metal long covers spaced away from the longs once reinstalled. When I hold the fiberglass cover up, the triangles are preventing it's bottom edge from contacting the steel long so stress would be put on the areas where the fasteners go.

Before I go to work modifying these parts, can somebody please take a look and advise? Thanks!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

scotty b
I always cut that bottom off . It has no structural necessity and the rockers do not fit correctly if not cut. Things you already knew
Eric_Shea
agree.gif Mount them and cut or grind that excess off. That's the fun of aftermarket parts... no matter how good they are. wink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The sill triangle that we make is in every way identical in dimension to the original factory piece except for the fact that it is not splayed at the bottom like the factory part. This you can do after you install. (meaning that it is slightly bent sideways at the bottom to make it appear shorter although it is not. This results in rocker clearance. Please I cannot post a pic because I am about to leave 914 world headquarters Automobile Atlanta!!!!!! (I love it here, cannot get enough of it!)

QUOTE(TargaToy @ Nov 13 2010, 11:56 AM) *

I'm trial fitting my new sills and triangle supports to my new longs. When the sill itself is in the correct position and engaging the steps formed into the top of the triangle, the bottom point of the triangle is flying a good 1/2" below the radius on the bottom of the long. I know that nothing ever fits right off the shelf and will require some massaging but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this? It LOOKS like the bottom of the triangle is formed like it is to allow water/crud to fall out of the bottom. I just didn't know if there was something crucial about the length of this part--like to keep the fiberglass or metal long covers spaced away from the longs once reinstalled. When I hold the fiberglass cover up, the triangles are preventing it's bottom edge from contacting the steel long so stress would be put on the areas where the fasteners go.

Before I go to work modifying these parts, can somebody please take a look and advise? Thanks!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

TargaToy
Thanks for the replies and confirming what I thought.

George, if you get a chance, I would be interested in seeing the pics you didn't have time to post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.