Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: had a great day yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
Yesterday I visited the 7th annual Strähle Porsche Swap in Schorndorf, Germany.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Gustl
It's a nice meeting of all those crazy Porsche guys with a lot of teener content.

Lots of dealers, sellers, buyers, owners and lurkers were there

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Gustl
Of course, everything was about Porsche biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Gustl
Some really nice scale model cars were shown.
Here's a display full of hand built high standard 1/87 cars wub.gif

Click to view attachment

This one was a highlight ... about 20" long, hand built, unique and very detailed ...

Click to view attachment

Gustl
Luckily I found some nice things for my collection:

some nice and rare stickers

Click to view attachment

lots of Club Magazines from the 80ies

Click to view attachment

qa1142
Very cool, did you buy something for the rest of the class?
Gustl
a nice 1/43 916 resine kit from "Prestige"

Click to view attachment

and an extreme rare 1/43 916 white metal kit from "Autodrome"

Click to view attachment

Gustl
It was a really cool meeting. A bit smaller than I thought, but highly concentrated Porsche content. While eating a bavarian white sausage I met some 914 guys from Great Brithain. Both of them came to Germany, just to attend the Strähle Swap - they told me that they had a 9hrs travel blink.gif
The one guy was Simon Bowrey, the current owner of the "Seiler-GT", a factory built 914-6 GT. The other, Mike Smith, owns a 914-6 that was for "factory internal use" and has only one other owner.
Both of them really nice guys, we had a lot of good talk.

Cool as it was, I will visit the 8th Strähle Swap nex year aktion035.gif
914Sixer
Sounds like it was a GREAT DAY!
SLITS
To clean, to organized, to nice, no rusty parts, jeeeeeze .... How can they refer to it as a "Swap Meet"?

I see this as Anti-Amerikan ... those Euro peeps are just to clean and organized. av-943.gif
jim_hoyland
Thanks for sharing ! smile.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 14 2010, 03:29 PM) *

To clean, to organized, to nice, no rusty parts, jeeeeeze .... How can they refer to it as a "Swap Meet"?

I see this as Anti-Amerikan ... those Euro peeps are just to clean and organized. av-943.gif

there were enaugh rusty parts, but I decided not to take photos of them laugh.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 14 2010, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 14 2010, 03:29 PM) *

there were enaugh rusty parts, but I decided not to take photos of them laugh.gif

Did you buy me anything? confused24.gif
rick 918-S
Nothing like that happens around here. dry.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Nov 14 2010, 04:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 14 2010, 08:50 AM) *

Did you buy me anything? confused24.gif

sorry ... I didn't know you wanted some rusty parts huh.gif

biggrin.gif

tuff914
Hi Gustl,
Any chance you bought more than one of those AUSTRALIAN 914
stickers, I have one on the back window of my car, but would like a spare
(or two).
How did they get to Germany??
Thanks
John
Gustl
John,
unfortunately this is the only one I've got ...

I've no idea how it came to Germany confused24.gif
There was one guy selling all such rare items like the stickers, very limited scale models, collector's coins, posters from more than 50 years Porsche history.
If I had more money I would have bought more stuff from this guy biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
Elliot Cannon
This post reminds me of the Porsche Toy and Liturature show at the LAX Hilton. 2011 will be the 28th annual event. I've been going every year for about the last five years. Not much 914 stuff I'm afraid and I can't afford much of the other stuff. I saw a really cool Heuer stop watch I wanted till I found out it was $3500. Yikes!! John Peterson (Elvira) collects license plates and saw one he wanted real bad till he found out it was over $3000. For a license plate??!! I saw Jerry Seinfeld there the last two years. I said hi but the bastard didn't recognize me. mad.gif Well, f*ck 'im. laugh.gif Maybe next year.

Cheers, Elliot
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 14 2010, 06:29 AM) *

Not Anti-Amerikan... Just Anti-Riverside. lol-2.gif
Root_Werks
Looks like a 200-250hp steam engine back there. drooley.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 14 2010, 06:29 AM) *

laugh.gif

Funny, first thing that i thought of when i saw the pictures:

"Damn, i almost forgot how organized those Germans are. You'd never see anything like that here in CA."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.