Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: F1 World Champion - Don't look if you haven't seen the rac
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
5 years after they startet the F1 Project, Red Bull Racing won the Constructors Championship as well as the Drivers World Championship

smilie_pokal.gif first.gif smilie_pokal.gif first.gif smilie_pokal.gif

beerchug.gif

= Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racing !
ChrisFoley
Congrats Seb!
smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
I agree completely, but I have to say...

You know, there might be people that haven't seen the race yet. Spoiler threads with the results in the title kinda suck.
Gint
I'm going to change the title of this thread. I hope you don't mind.
Gustl
oooops ... sorry ... forgot about the time gap rolleyes.gif
Gint
Yeah, I record a lot of races. Especially those that start at 05:30. The pager and the dog woke me up this morning before this one started though.

It didn't occur to me that the last three year's WDC drivers were all on the podium. That's kinda cool.
scotty b
Congrats from the opposition. If we only had 10 more laps
Rleog
Appropriate that Vettel should win it all. He was clearly fastest for nearly all of the season. Alanso's quest in a slower car was heroic.

Vettel, Weltmeister!
J P Stein
After 40 odd years of following F1 cosely, I've about had it.
The aero thing has finally done me in. If I wanted to watch a parade, I'd watch the Macy's Thanksgiving jobbie.

Watching the ongoing absurdity of a car that is 2-3 sec per lap faster, having one of the best drivers in the world at the helm, being unable to pass a rookie in an inferior car is just too much.
URY914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 14 2010, 10:22 AM) *

a rookie in an inferior car is just too much.

blink.gif
championgt1
Just glad Alonso did not get it.
Cheapsnake
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 14 2010, 09:22 AM) *

Watching the ongoing absurdity of a car that is 2-3 sec per lap faster, having one of the best drivers in the world at the helm, being unable to pass a rookie in an inferior car is just too much.

did I miss something?
'73-914kid
Renault's technical development throughout the season helped to create a car that seemed better at tracks with long straights. I don't see the Renault as an inferior chassis.. confused24.gif Rookie or not, It was great to see a new face keeping a big gun at bay. Especially Alonso..
URY914
How many poles and races did Red Bull Racing win this year?

The car must be good for something....
hydroliftin
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Nov 14 2010, 03:20 PM) *

Renault's technical development throughout the season helped to create a car that seemed better at tracks with long straights. I don't see the Renault as an inferior chassis.. confused24.gif Rookie or not, It was great to see a new face keeping a big gun at bay. Especially Alonso..

I agree. Kudos to Vetrali Petrov for a great drive. Why should he just let Alanso pass when there were still points he could earn for his team and his own career? There were several spectacular passes in this race, Alsonso just wasn't able to do it.

After Alanso's team mate, Nelson Piquet, deliberatly crashed in Singapore in 2008 handing Alanso the win, I have no respect for the guy. He got lucky this season to get into the final four. Thankfully his luck did not hold in the final race. I would have been happy if Hamilton, Weber, or Vettle had won the championship as long as it was not Alonso.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 14 2010, 09:22 AM) *

After 40 odd years of following F1 cosely, I've about had it.
The aero thing has finally done me in. If I wanted to watch a parade, I'd watch the Macy's Thanksgiving jobbie.

I'd rather watch a club race. Well, OK I'd like to go to the Monaco GP just once. biggrin.gif
carr914
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Nov 14 2010, 04:07 PM) *

agree.gif

Next to Bernie, he is my least favorite person in F-1
J P Stein
Due to the defusers & rear wings, a trailing car cannot get close to the leading car as the turbulence of the aforementioned bits cause the front wing to loose down force with a resultant lack of grip. As a result, most passing is done in the pits or a "let by" by a back marker. It has nothing to do with a particular driver or car, it happens to all of them at some point. The seemingly hopeless moves made by the super aggressive drivers that result in crashes are the result of the only chance a driver has to make it. The same thing happens under brakeing.

Alonso's problem was made extra obvious by the camera's attention given to it.
His front end washed out multiple times.....if you were watching. The "trains" formed by a slower car have become more frequent..Weber in the RB ( the best car of the year) was lined up behind
Alonso...just criusing in the still air about 2 sec back....if you were watching.

Off the top of my head, F1 is the only place this happens......even the low rent IRL has worked this out.
'73-914kid
I see what you mean... I did watch it happen, but it's been that way for a long long time now..
IRL has the same problem though. Formula Nippon is really the only series that has a mushroom buster style rear diffuser that can allow a car to follow close and still maintin aerodynamic grip up front..
championgt1
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 15 2010, 04:29 AM) *

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Nov 14 2010, 04:07 PM) *

agree.gif

Next to Bernie, he is my least favorite person in F-1

agree.gif Exactely!
JmuRiz
I'm a Ferrari fan, but kudos to Seb and RedBull for letting their drivers race and not have team/driver rules...the true winner won.

Impressive performance, just think if he'd have had those other 3 wins where he was leading and didn't finish...

BTW to all those thinking there is no passing in F1, I take it that you haven't noticed Kobayashi this season...when he can and wants to pass, he goes for it biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.