Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: convert to no bypass filter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
realred914
I have an option of converting my oil filter holder to no -bypass. my engine builder likes that idea, I do to. the probelm will be fitting a high pressure filter to the engine (2056 4 cylinder) what filters are you all using for when the bypass is blocked?

Is there a short version of a high pressure filter as i will be running a sandwhich adaptor to add an oil cooler. I could go with a remote mounted filter also

if so, where are some locations of remote filters that you all have used? (photos anyone???)

thanks
McMark
All of the full flow motors I've seen from other builders have used a stock filter.
ME733
There are many full flow, no bypass oil filters available...OBERG...for one., generally if you will research the performance parts distributors they will have several to select from. The bodies of the filter will accomodate "aero-quip", or Earls fittings. You should use at least 200 psi burst pressure lines if remotely locating the filter. This assembly will act as a small oil cooler.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ME733 @ Nov 14 2010, 03:01 PM) *

There are many full flow, no bypass oil filters available...OBERG...for one......

Plugging the oil bypass and full flow are not really the same thing. Full flow is installing the larger type 1 oil pump, drill and tap the galleys, FF cover, hose and a remote mounted filter adapter (or Oberg, System One, etc)
If you are just plugging the bypass on the stock console and using a stock T4 pump I see no real advantage for doing this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.