Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS; NOS 914/6 Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JimmyG
I have these up on the Pelican site. This is my home but easier to load pics there.
Let me know if you have any questions. smile.gif
jimmy
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...exchangers.html
JimmyG
icon_bump.gif I am off base? How about 3700.00 + S/H
Or a good Early motor proposal would be even better!
mepstein
Since you asked- I think they usually sell for $2K-2.5K in great condition. I will be in the market soon but not right now.

Early motors in good condition are selling for about the same (see above) on Pelican.

Mark
JimmyG
Yea ..I would agree with you on great condition, I was going by new condition. The real problem is that new is only by a few sources with NLA NOS parts so it doesn't give a fair market value. I am glad you spoke up Mark, Nice to have input! Surely someone around here can pick these up and I can put a reliable motor in #1800. I am impatient, I want to drive around instead of building this winter.I imagine there is someone with a great little motor willing to trade or someone want a wonderful Christmas present from me to me!
mepstein
6 cylinder 2.2 long block on Pelican for $695.00

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...away-price.html
Mark Henry
Is that just patina from storage or oil?
New old stock (NOS) to me means never installed/used.
Just an observation, one you might want to clarify...I'm not in market.
sixaddict

agree.gif

The photos look like a used part....Maybe new or better photos would help. Thats a lot of dough unless they are NOS and someone is doing a concurs restoration then the sky is the limit. Good luck

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 17 2010, 08:01 AM) *

Is that just patina from storage or oil?
New old stock (NOS) to me means never installed/used.
Just an observation, one you might want to clarify...I'm not in market.

JimmyG
It looks like there was some undercoating material sprayed on them. I would'nt imagine that this was sprayed on them later. It is flaking off now and would need to be redone Hot Jet etc to make them look nice. looking down into the ports there is not any residue from engine running. Sorry for the crappy pics, should have made better ones. Pat Garvey or someone with a great deal of original info I am sure can verify the coating that is flaking off was sprayed on them from the factory. I may have them priced to high but this is my most coveted part and I am not going to get rid of them at a used price. I do appreciate you guys input! If I keep them up I will have to make better pics and do some research.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.