Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Low mile, early 2.0 engine (GA code)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
koozy
SOLD: is a low mile GA code 2.0 engine with dual single weber carbs. Runs great and pulls good compression numbers (in the 150 range, will confirm before pulling from car).

Come over and hear it run

Stock ignition
Custom headers with glass-pack style mufflers (I'd add a collector since they are not merged) This engine is not in a street car. It's in an autocross car with an open cockpit and a stripped down chassis. Yep, it's fast.

The history is: I got it from another racer who said it was built for racing by Easy in Emoryville. Trophied at a couple races and then the guy hurt his arm so needed to sell. I bought it because my other car wan't finished and I didn't want to miss this season. Turns out I was only able to make it to 4 or 5 events this season but I'll tell ya, this thing was fun. I took off the single webers and added dual 40s but they are borrowed so the dual, single barrel webers go back on so I can return the borrowed ones. I'll put them on and tune them before transfer. Pictured are the carbs it comes with. I can't confirm anything other than compression numbers and it goes like stink out on the autocross course.

If you are interested and want the autocross results for this engine, let me know and I'll pm them to you.

Complete plug and play engine $1400

If you are local to me and can get it to a shop in Belmont, CA I'll even install it in your car for an extra $200.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Once the engine is sold I will be parting out the rest of the car unless there is someone out there that really wants an open cockpit autocross car minus trans (I'm keeping that)

Don't let the looks fool you

IPB Image

Mike
DanT
biggrin.gif

don't be put off by the car this motor is in.

this is a good running 2.0L motor....I have seen it put the hurt on quite a few very expensive Porsches this year biggrin.gif
koozy
Thanks, Dan. Yea, It looks like a junkyard dog... ha ha ha
koozy
Video of the engine running when I first purchased it earlier this spring (April or so)

http://www.vimeo.com/12068966

If someone knows how to embed this video, please do.

Thanks,

Mike
koozy
Answering some questions: Yes, turn key. You get the engine as pulled from the car with the two single barrel carbs installed and tuned. Exhaust comes with the engine but I would add a collector as the two banks are not merged at the moment and you would see a benefit from a merged exhaust. Will confirm compression standings prior to pulling the engine.

If you are on the fence, let me know and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Thanks,

Mike
speed metal army
I wish I lived closer,Id grab that motor.. sad.gif
koozy
Me too. It really is a nice engine.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(koozy @ Nov 18 2010, 10:37 PM) *

Me too. It really is a nice engine.

ever get verified compression numbers?
koozy
Yes, are you interested in the engine? I can provide you with more information if needed.
speed metal army
smile.gif Maybe I need to make a road trip... Seems like its a helluva deal on a nice running motor. smile.gif
koozy
17 hours each way... If you were compelled to do that I'd have a nice home cooked meal waiting for you when you got here.
speed metal army
QUOTE(koozy @ Nov 18 2010, 10:41 PM) *

17 hours each way... If you were compelled to do that I'd have a nice home cooked meal waiting for you when you got here.

Again,I wish you were closer sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif .
That motor'd be mine.
koozy
The offer is open to anyone who drives a long way to pick up this engine. My wife (Maria) and I love to cook.
koozy
Thanksgiving bump.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Mike
strykerboy
well if you still have that motor around xmas time i'll give you a ring... seeing as i will be in modesto ca around then and i'm in need of a new motor or just selling my car and cuting my losses... sad.gif
Ronald4780
I'm interested in the motor. Please PM me.
koozy
Sending PM
pete-stevers
that is a cool looking car, post a few more pics
BuddyV
I just sealed the deal... the motor is MINE MINE MINE!

Thanks, Mike! I can't wait!

Cheers to a great site with great people.

beerchug.gif
koozy
Thanks Pete. It's a fun car. Racing an open cockpit car is addictive. Now, to just keep the sawzall away from my other car.... I'll post some photos in another thread as I start to part this thing out. Engine is as good as sold. Chassis will be up for sale as one piece or parts.
koozy
Thank you Rob. We'll get this thing into your car next week and you will be enjoying it in no time at all.
koozy
OK Pete. Couple of photos for you since it will take me a week to get the other thread started.

after some paint...

IPB Image

before paint... when I picked it up from the PO

IPB Image
McMark
Need vinyl? sunglasses.gif

I like the black.
koozy
Link to the chassis for sale ad

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=113494
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.