Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Wife, Happy Life
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Autocanoe
Well...

After dreaming and scheming for ten years I finally bought what I thought would be a great car. 73' with a mildly built 350, flares and some very nice components, stainless headers, adjustable bilstiens, etc. My wife thought it would be great to do a little picnicking and I was going to do some auto crossing.
Here's the rub, I picked the car up in Boise Sunday with the intent of roading it home to Port Townsend, a bit of a stretch but with my limited resources it seamed the best rout. However after an uneventful 400 miles with steady pressure, temp. and tone and with another 100 to go I broke a piston at the pin, still starts but is rapidly dieing.
So the question is, is anyone looking for a nicely setup roller with a matching trailer? I'm willing to look at any offers as a quick resolution is in order.

I don't have the pics online yet so email me and I'll send you the photo set.

autocanoe@cablespeed.com

John
blitZ
350 Cheby? That's a fairly inexpensive engine. Just install another and keep chugging.
ConeDodger
Crate motor. Summit Racing Supply...
SirAndy
QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 15 2010, 02:42 PM) *
350 Cheby? That's a fairly inexpensive engine. Just install another and keep chugging.

agree.gif
sawtooth
I know a little of this car, I've seen it up close and heard some of the build story. I believe the previous owner moved from Boise prior to selling the car on consignment. You might pm Tony (brave_helios) on this site if you'd like more history. He is not the PO but he is more familiar with the car than I am. I agree, don't give up on it. IIRC that's a 327 from a '68 vette?, might be worth rebuilding. welcome.png

Click to view attachment
Drums66
.....Or step down & put a 6 cyl ?....whatever you like but..
keep going idea.gif welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
bye1.gif (don't do this( hissyfit.gif ) smoke.gif
RFoulds
I just bought a crate engine sbc 350 off of Craigslist. $700. all paperwork and warranty in order.

There is another one, an LS1 with wiring harness for $900 on there.

Seek and ye shall find.

However, if you are set on getting rid of it, PM me your price.
messix
get a junk yard short block= cheap!!!!!!

don't give up on it.

i'd love to have it but not in the cards for me right now.
messix
hey get a hold of Tc 914-8. thats tony. he's got a v8 914 too and lives in sequim. i'm sure he can help you get that car back on the road pretty cheap and easy!

i'm serious about a junk yard short block, you can find an engine and do a poor mans rebuild: bottle brush hone and new rings, check the rod and main bearings, new seals, and bolt up the heads and all the of the stuff from the old engine and have a running ride that will give you several good years. sure it's not gonna be a 100k mile engine but it will get you on the road.

i've seen some el'cheapo race engines at the track that just wouldn't quit and beat the crap outta the competition and lived for 3-4 seasons of out and pout abuse.
TC 914-8
Hi John,
I think we spoke after you posted this and you were in the process of pulling the pan. If not looks like you found what we didn't want to hear.
I'll be home all week with a few honey-dos but I'm sure I can come by and help out. I rode in that cae once when I was in Boise, it was a strong Stock runner. A replacement engine or rebuild, shoulden't be too much of a strech.
I'll call you in the Am and see what the next step is, we need to keep the Peninusla 914 brotherhood going strong.
tadink
HOW much are you asking???
bdstone914
John,

I have a 350 Chevy engine in good shape for $500 plus shipping from 92505 CA.

I have little history on the engine but call me for details. If you do not want the engine and decide to sell the car maybe the next owner could us it.

Or anyone else who needs a 350 Chevy in Socal please contact me.

Bruce

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.