Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buy - side marker lenses, front turn signal lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I have the clears done and and amber this next week.
At $29 a set with the seals! you choose clear now or amber next week.

Also have a few set sof the clear front turn signal lenses . $48 a set with seals

AND YES the rears are being tooled up as we speak they'll be $99 a pair with stainless studs!
tradisrad
In for one set of side lenses in amber. Do you have the front lenses in amber?
patssle
I'm in for the side amber.
Mikey914
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 16 2010, 01:45 PM) *

In for one set of side lenses in amber. Do you have the front lenses in amber?

Not yet, But I can do some to be ready in abuot the same time frame
Kansas 914
I am in for one set of amber sides markers and rubber gaskets!
MDG
In for one set of amber side lenses with gaskets. Nice, Mark!
rick 918-S
I don't get what your selling here. The oval lenses or the round ones or both as a set?
McMark
agree.gif I need ovals, but not circles.
FlatIV
I am in for a set of the clear side turn signals and seals.

Thanks
Andrew
Gint
I set of side markers/seals in amber please!
Mikey914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 16 2010, 04:59 PM) *

I don't get what your selling here. The oval lenses or the round ones or both as a set?

Sorry, I was a little distracted when I wrote this.

I have the round, the ovals, and soon the rear tail light lenses

This thred is for the round or the ovals, I'll adjust the heading to make it more clear.

Thanks,
Mark
McMark
Sounds like amber front ovals aren't available?

EDIT: Oh, I just realized those are still available from Hella... pinch.gif
JRust
I'm in for a set of side markers with seals!
SGB
Incredible.

Got to be in for 1 set of amber side markers. Great!

You have really been a tremendous resource.

BTW, speaking from previous experience with non OEM rear lenses from AA, a potential weak point is where the sections of the lense attach together. The way the rear lenses are tightened on puts a lot of stress on the glued parts.

Which reminds me
REAR LENSE SEALS will be snapped right up too! I need some bad.
Those gonna be available seperately?
Kraftwerk
Are the round ones lower profile than OEM?
If so I am interested in an Amber pair...
Mikey914
QUOTE(SGB @ Nov 17 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Incredible.

Got to be in for 1 set of amber side markers. Great!

You have really been a tremendous resource.

BTW, speaking from previous experience with non OEM rear lenses from AA, a potential weak point is where the sections of the lense attach together. The way the rear lenses are tightened on puts a lot of stress on the glued parts.

Which reminds me
REAR LENSE SEALS will be snapped right up too! I need some bad.
Those gonna be available seperately?

If you are referring to the round cord between the lens and housing, I will have that in Neoprene for these. The weak points are the joints. I'm replicating the way factory ones were made, in sections. I had thought about trying to cast in larger parts, but there is a reason they were done is sections. One to allow for variation using the same tooling. And secondly, there are shrinkage issues with larger parts, as well as issues with bubbles.

The key is how you glue them. Standard CA or superglue will break. We believe that we've got this addressed, but until we have a chance to play with the first parts I can't confirm.

Mikey914
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Nov 17 2010, 08:38 PM) *

Are the round ones lower profile than OEM?
If so I am interested in an Amber pair...

Sorry, these are the same profile as the OEM.
nsr-jamie
Hi Mark, count me in for one set of each in clear or white...I like those Italian style ones. One set of turn signals and one set of round side marker lights with all seals...

you will be selling rear lenses too? I may be interested in a set of those as well later on...thanks!

Jamie in Japan
jeeperjohn56
Hey Mark, I'll take a set of amber side lens with seals. Tell me when you want money. John
Mikey914
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Nov 18 2010, 01:37 AM) *

Hi Mark, count me in for one set of each in clear or white...I like those Italian style ones. One set of turn signals and one set of round side marker lights with all seals...

you will be selling rear lenses too? I may be interested in a set of those as well later on...thanks!

Jamie in Japan

Yes and they'll be $99 a set left and right with stainless studs. they will be threaded to use the OEM white twist offs.

I should have the first of the amber getting done this next week.
SGB
Right- I'm waiting for the round seals that go between the lense and housing on the rears. Already got the housing to body seals from ya. Good stuff it is.

Also, lower profile side markers would be cool. Also shorter front bumper tits. Like about half as long. I'm just sayin...

smile.gif

MDG
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 20 2010, 05:31 PM) *

Yes and they'll be $99 a set left and right with stainless studs. they will be threaded to use the OEM white twist offs.

Mark, are the rears going to be Euro or North American? Or both? I'll watch for your thread when these come up.
Mikey914
QUOTE(MDG @ Nov 20 2010, 04:40 PM) *

Mark, are the rears going to be Euro or North American? Or both? I'll watch for your thread when these come up.

First sets will be clear, I plan to make them in US, Euro and smoke. I'm doing the clears first as I have a few guys that want them.
MDG
Sounds good - I'll watch for the thread. And I'll take a set of Euro and a set of NA when they are ready.
76er
If you make euro front turn signals I would like a set. smile.gif
Andyrew
AWESOME Mike!

This is just great! (Dont need anything.. But good to know I could get it!!)
rmital

......Yes and they'll be $99 a set left and right with stainless studs. they will be threaded to use the OEM white twist offs.

sign me up for a pair of the clear rear lenses!!
what makes this a great "purchase" is that Mark mentioned he could provide the LED set for all proper colors...blinker, marker and brake lights!! smilie_pokal.gif
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Nov 22 2010, 01:44 PM) *

......Yes and they'll be $99 a set left and right with stainless studs. they will be threaded to use the OEM white twist offs.

sign me up for a pair of the clear rear lenses!!
what makes this a great "purchase" is that Mark mentioned he could provide the LED set for all proper colors...blinker, marker and brake lights!! smilie_pokal.gif

icon_bump.gif
was hoping these would be a Xmas gift to me....from me... santa_smiley.gif
maf914
Mark,

I'll take a pair of amber oval turn-signal lenses with seals and a pair of amber side maker lenses with seals.
Mikey914
I have a few done, the color was a little lighter than I wanted. I'll knock off $10 if they'll work for you.
I'm reformulating a slightly darker color now, but will not get to using it until next week .
76-914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 16 2010, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 16 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Sorry, I was a little distracted when I wrote this.

I have the round, the ovals, and soon the rear tail light lenses

This thred is for the round or the ovals, I'll adjust the heading to make it more clear.

Thanks,
Mark

Bless you, child. pray.gif I'm thinking a Sainthood might be in order, here. At least an enshrinement of sorts. A million thank you's.
crxnug
i,ll take a amber set
patssle
Is there any update to this?

Thanks!
Mikey914
Actually I did get these worked out. here are the pictures.
You can see the earlier lens that looks faded. It actually required more tint.
Mikey914
Sorry,
things have been a bit crazy. Here's the link. Put the special pricing in until the 10th of March.
Lens and seal deal
Gint
I thought originally we would be able to buy just the side markers and seals? I wanted to buy side markers and seals and possibly a set of front signal seals only.
BIGKAT_83
Any news on the rears for $99

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.