Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sparco Sprint seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airkewl
I have a pair of Sparco Sprint seats offered to me at a pretty good price. They come with slides, but the adapter currently is for a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

The seat bottom width is 19.72 inches.

Anyone know if they fit/can be made to fit in a 914? Would I bolt the seat straight to the 914 slider, or woukd I use the Sparco slider and build/buy an adapter.

Thanks
Tony
drew365
Measure the width between the center tunnel and the inside of the long. If I remember it's 18.5", and you need to have room for the e-brake to work. I have a Sparco seat in mine but it's not a Sprint, Don't remember which one it is right now. Most seats if they aren't too wide can be made to work with some fabbing. I used the Sparco adaptors and bolted them to the floor because the sliders raised the seat too much. I think I had to reverse the adapters to get them to work. You've got to get creative.
TimT
I have a MOMO Nascar seat in my car, I believe it is very similar to the Sparco seat.

My seat fit with no problem, but I dont have the e-brake etc..
jom
I have a sparco in mine. It can fit but the spacing is different than the stock seats. It is about 1/2" to 1" different. I used a slider someone gave me and bolted it to steel then to stock pivots in the rear. In the front had to fabricate new attachments. Don't remember exactly what i did because i did it a few years ago. A couple comments about the seat. Im 5'6" so backpad seat interference isn't an issue. Its low compared to a stock setup. Not the easiest thing to get in and out of.
TimT
I should add that I mounted the seat to the floor using the MOMO brackets..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.