Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB closes at midnight 1/16/11 window vertical fuzzys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
To explain this fully. the part you are looking at is the window guide fuzzy used in the late style doors. The early ones the window rollers here. This is the reason I started the inquiry on the fuzzy that goes in the track on the top of the door (This is in another group buy thread).

These are now done and ready, they can be combined with the other group buy to save you money on shipping. just sign up here and I will forward everyone who whats in on these the info as soon as I receive the other horizontal ones in.

These are provided longer and are cut for an exact fit. Every notice the gap at the top of the window in the front. Well these will solve that.

After closer examination I have realized these are the same ones in the rear track, so all for for $23
Mikey914
Here is a picture of the old one.
Mikey914
This is where they are prone to failure. I hadn't even realized it had failed until I removed it.
Mikey914
Here's the new one
Mikey914
And because the lighting is kind of funky I want you to see how much of an improvement these are. Not bleached out like the old ones.
Mikey914
And you know we need this biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Figured if I did, the chances are others do too.
johannes
Great job ! ...
StratPlayer
Do you make them for the other side as well?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Nov 19 2010, 11:24 AM) *

Look closer.
Hint: look for parts colored in red in the diagram.
dry.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 19 2010, 11:22 AM) *

Look closer.
dry.gif

Some people prefer to have a left sock and a right sock. poke.gif av-943.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Nov 19 2010, 12:25 PM) *

Look closer.
dry.gif

I'm in for one set (add it to the other fuzzy group buy).

Any thought to making for early windows? It would be so much easier if I got two "newer" 914's instead of one newer ('74) and one older ('72)........

Thanks as always!
AndyB
QUOTE(RJMII @ Nov 19 2010, 01:25 PM) *

Look closer.
dry.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
bandjoey
Why is there the top gap?
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 19 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Why is there the top gap?

agree.gif I ask myself that question everytime I pull the fuzzy up! blink.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
mharmon
I'm in for a set
Rleog
I'm in for a set, horizontal and vertical, both doors. Thanks.

(You guys are brutal.....but I can't stop laughing.)
Black22
I'm in for both sets of fuzzys - (vertical & horizontal)....to many jokes for that one so I'll keep quiet! Let me know when you're ready for a payment for these Mark. My car is all but put together and just waiting on the horizontal fuzzy. Now I'll wait for these too. I don't feel like installing the windows twice although the practice wouldn't hurt. As I was cleaning up my vent windows I noticed one side of this seal was half gone! Don't you also make the wing window seal? Didn't see it on your site. If you do add a set of those too. I'm not kidding when I say my car has all your seals except 2. When those fail I'm calling you for replacements and then painting 914rubber on the side my car!!!f Thanks again Mark, you rock!
jsayre914
i was just looking at that gap last night. It howls @ 100+mph biggrin.gif

Im in for a set chowtime.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Nov 19 2010, 08:24 AM) *

What you are looking at in the diagram is the early door (you can tell by the end cap. That's why the fuzzy is not shown there. The early ones can't use these as the rollers actually slide up and down in this track.

These are in (as I had started these along time ago), and as soon as I can verify the fit and post pictures of the other seal I'll start getting these out the door.

As far as the triangle window seals, I do have a few but as they were a real pain to install I didn't really push them. I will try to install them from this state and if I'm happy witht the way the go together I'll make more. I had been looking at making the triangle window seals as a 3 part seal that has a back, a base that goes in first that the window also sits on, and the inside that pushes down to "lock the seal together. This would allow for the seal to easily be installed without the entire door being disasembled. I have actually got as far as to make the vertical portion of this seal. I sent some of my prototype to McMark to use on the Limo on some of the windows they were making.

As far as the gap goes, part of the problem is probably shrinkage over time. These will be longer so that they can be cut to legnth.
tango-52
I'm in for horizontal and vertical fuzzies to cover two cars (four doors). Great job!
bandjoey
Horizontal in too. do you have any of that front trunk seal reject material left? Can you throw in the box enough feet to do the front?
Mikey914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 20 2010, 10:54 AM) *

Horizontal in too. do you have any of that front trunk seal reject material left? Can you throw in the box enough feet to do the front?

I might I'll have to check. I wound up recycling most of it. There's a company here that grinds up rubber to make playground material and that's where most of it went.
bandjoey
Let us know when those are available again.
Mikey914
I am starting over on them, but it will be a bit, I have a few othe rnew things I'm trying to get going.
Thanks,
Mark
montoya 73 2.0
Getting ready for Christmas?

santa_smiley.gif wreath.gif
Gint
I'll take a set Mark. Thanks.
zig-n-zag
I'll need 2 sets Mark. Thanks
treemn
I'm in for 2 sets.
Thanks

Jeff
Zaney
I am in for a set of vertical and a horizontal set. smile.gif

Thanks for awesome products!
bernbomb914
I would like both items also
Grimstead
Hi Mark,
Just saw this thread, if it is not too late I am in for a set of vertical & horizontal!

Thank you again!
Bill
beer.gif
TC 914-8
Hi Mark, looks like a deal. I'll check mine when I get home and place an order if so.
BTW, I finally made MVP on Alaska, I'm sending this from 36k ft in FC biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Pm's sent to all on the list here, et me know if I missed anyone.
Thanks all,
-Mark
76er
Hi Mark,

If it's not too late, I would like a set of both the vertical and horizontal. smile.gif
rick 918-S
Paypal sent. smile.gif
jeffdon
Is this still on? I would like a set for booth my doors.
Mikey914
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 6 2010, 09:52 AM) *

Is this still on? I would like a set for booth my doors.

Yes PM sent
Steve
Sent money via Paypal over a week ago. When are these going to ship?
Just curious.. Don't have time to work on it until after Christmas anyway.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 18 2010, 08:46 AM) *

Mine arrived yesterday so they are done and ready to ship. I would say it is just a matter of how many Mark ran in this batch.

By the way, as always they are beautacious!
Mikey914
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 18 2010, 08:46 AM) *

Some are still going out today. I ran out on the first run as I wanted to have the test fit confirmed before I did the full run. Didn't want to get hung with a bunch of useless material, so the test fit is critical.
-Mark
jsayre914
Did everyone get there seals from this buy???

I have not yet recieved mine. popcorn[1].gif
Steve
I got mine. He forgot about me a couple of times in the past, but was quick to send it after I PM'd him. Send him a PM, he will respond quickly.
Mikey914
If you have only the verticals I have them and they would have shipped. I'm doing another batch of the horizontals this week (Tue or Wed), so if you were later on the others you may be waiting for them. Just drop me you email on the paypal and I can check for sure for you.
Thanks,
Mark
jsayre914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 10 2011, 11:57 AM) *

If you have only the verticals I have them and they would have shipped. I'm doing another batch of the horizontals this week (Tue or Wed), so if you were later on the others you may be waiting for them. Just drop me you email on the paypal and I can check for sure for you.
Thanks,
Mark

pm sent
cary
Mark, are they on the website yet? If so, whats the name so I can them to my shopping list.
Mikey914
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 11 2011, 07:27 PM) *

Mark, are they on the website yet? If so, whats the name so I can them to my shopping list.

I have added these and the outer and inner fuzzeys for the door.I am closing the group buy sunday the 16th at night at midnight After that these will be reg price. Still cheap, but I actually do need to stop giving these away.

These show up at the reg price when you add them to your cart you can look and they will be reduced to the group buy price.

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/product.sc?p...mp;categoryId=5
cary
Perfect. I got them. Thanks.
ellisor3
Count me in as well +1 piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.