Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the classic thread losing momentum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I couldn't help but notice that 69 of the 99 topics in the Classic Thread forum were written in 95 or earlier. Only 4 in the last 22 month's and those were all by Eric Shea (thx Eric). Are there no topics left to cover? I've seen a couple that were nominated recently but they ended there.
Do you have any ideas for threads you would like to see? I'll start. How 'bout a thread on "leak down test". I thought I knew but the more I read about it the more I realize that I don't.
Eric_Shea
I'm sure there's plenty of things to be covered. It just needs to be front of mind with the Admins.

It would be helpful if others weighed in as well. Grab a camera next time you hit the garage gang.

Good start. wink.gif
RJMII
Somebody needs to write a thread on how to set the car down off of the jackstands. There are several on how to position the jackstands, how many to use, what works, what doesn't...

but NONE on how to get the car off of them! Then we all get stuck in jackstand limbo and become smart asses and ass hats that just come here and post. I'm not sure which category I fall into yet.

quick edit: and/or post whores*
76-914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 21 2010, 02:50 PM) *

I'm sure there's plenty of things to be covered. It just needs to be front of mind with the Admins.

It would be helpful if others weighed in as well. Grab a camera next time you hit the garage gang.

Good start. wink.gif

icon_bump.gif I agree Eric but the Admins are probably maxed out and I don't know enough about comp's to offer my services. There were at least 2 recent threads on electrical matters that were great. In fact one dealt with what to do after you convert to electric ww squirters and find that your intermittant function is kaput and how to restore it. In fact, I PM'd an unnamed admin earlier this year and mentioned that a particular article be considered for the classic threads. I was told I should bookmark the thread. This tells me that the admin is overworked and under appreciated so I dropped it.
So here goes. Would one of our astute members e.g. the Cap't, Jake, McMark or one of the many, many others write up something on the "correct procedure" (as you know it) to perform a leak down test.
Even better, someone send me a fuse block and I'll do a thread on how to form and make an acrylic (plexiglass) or polycarbonate (safety glass) fuse cover. I'm tired of kickiing out the fuses w/ my #12 shoe and I've been wanting to do this for a while, anyway.
RJMII
someone send me a fuse block

I'm looking for one for you today while milling the little wheels.
Eric_Shea
Why not buy the JWest fuse block and do a "How to" installation thread?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 22 2010, 08:32 AM) *

Tools required:
Phillips screwdriver

Steps:
Disconnect the battery
Unfasten the fuse block and lower
One at a time move the plugs from the factory fuse block to the JWest fuse block in the appropriate place
Raise and fasten the JWest fuse block
Reconnect the battery
Call the fire department and stay back 500 feet blink.gif
MDG
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 22 2010, 12:33 PM) *

lol-2.gif

That's how most of my "How to" threads would start:

1) Wait until wife leaves the house.
2) Call 911 and put fire department on standby . . .
McMark
I would love to spend all day writing how-to articles, shooting pictures, and making videos. Unfortunately, I have to earn a living instead. Pay my expenses for a month and I'll happily fill our pages with info. wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 22 2010, 12:23 PM) *

I would love to spend all day writing how-to articles, shooting pictures, and making videos. Unfortunately, I have to earn a living instead. Pay my expenses for a month and I'll happily fill our pages with info. wink.gif

Or better yet, pay *ME* instead! That way, i can use your money to pay McMark to work on my car in the meantime ... biggrin.gif
76-914

I probably will do that in the future and when I do I will definately make a record of it, But this would be done to show others how quickly and easily this can be done. The required material can usually be found in the trash bin of a glass co or plastics supplier.

76-914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 22 2010, 09:33 AM) *

Tools required:
Phillips screwdriver

Steps:
Disconnect the battery
Unfasten the fuse block and lower
One at a time move the plugs from the factory fuse block to the JWest fuse block in the appropriate place
Raise and fasten the JWest fuse block
Reconnect the battery

Yea, it would be easy for sure, Rob. That's what scares the Hell out of me. Those 30 min jobs usually turn into 2 week projects for me. Sorry about the miscommunication/behaviour Rob. My bad.
76-914

Then I probably should hold aff asking Jake! lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif I understand! Especially in these times, Mark.
76-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 22 2010, 12:25 PM) *

Or better yet, pay *ME* instead! That way, i can use your money to pay McMark to work on my car in the meantime ... biggrin.gif

I definatly left you room in this. I'd help but I can't even toggle multi quotes. headbang.gif
bobhasissues
I nominate Van'e engine build thread. Lot's of good stuff in there, especially photos & video, regardless of what type of rebuild you are doing.
SirAndy
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Nov 23 2010, 11:07 AM) *

I nominate Van'e engine build thread. Lot's of good stuff in there, especially photos & video, regardless of what type of rebuild you are doing.

Got a link??? confused24.gif
76-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 23 2010, 11:25 AM) *

Try this one Andy http://www.ephotomotion.com/914engine/index.htm
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 23 2010, 11:51 AM) *

That's a offsite page! How can that be a 914world classic thread??? poke.gif

At best, if the author agreed to it, this could become a Tech-Article in the 914Info section ...

I think you are confused about the purpose of the "Lapuwali Classic Thread Forum".
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=52475
Rand
laugh.gif

Try this: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=81137
sixaddict
How about a fool proof thread on " how to add photos" to this site.
I can do it on the bird or ebay but seldom if ever here. Makes it a better site. I can't help but feel I am not the only dumb ass in the group. headbang.gif
benalishhero
agree.gif

I'm a dumb ass when it comes to that too.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Nov 23 2010, 05:00 PM) *

How about a fool proof thread on " how to add photos" to this site.
I can do it on the bird or ebay but seldom if ever here. Makes it a better site. I can't help but feel I am not the only dumb ass in the group. headbang.gif

agree.gif

I'm a dumb ass when it comes to that too.

Try the site FAQ. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=16

There is a photo thread in there.

Zach
76-914
How about this one? Found it when I was organizing my Favourites this AM.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...04610&st=20
sixaddict
Thanks for the info on photos ...drives me to beer.gif
Van
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 23 2010, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 23 2010, 11:51 AM) *

That's a offsite page! How can that be a 914world classic thread??? poke.gif

At best, if the author agreed to it, this could become a Tech-Article in the 914Info section ...

Sure - fine with me if it's used as a tech article. I started the site to show people the progress and encourage them to try their own projects.
bandjoey
Who is Lapawali?
SirAndy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 9 2010, 01:26 PM) *

Who is Lapawali?

lapuwali

The late James Montebello. He used to be a very active member here before he died 4 years ago.

RIP my friend ... sad.gif
McMark
Brilliance incarnate. Dude knew everything.
76-914
icon_bump.gif I haven't forgotten about the fuse cover. Jim will ship one to me along with the shirt. That shouild be in the next few weeks. In the meantime, I was thinking; why not a thread on one of the aftermarket FI systems. I've read volumes on adjusting, tuning, yada, yada, yada. But has anyone documented an actual install? An "FI Conversion for Dummies" would be great. Who knows, it might even make it to the Lapuwali Classics! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.