Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: This Nor East 75 followed me home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
okieflyr
Click to view attachment

A friend of a friend had this abandonded car that supposedly "ran well" a few years ago.
So on the way back from MUSR, Leesa and I stopped to check it out. It was I figured, rusty and sitting outside for a few years. It did have a nice easter egg though, a CRACK FREE DASH! and Euro lenses on all corners. The hell hole is a two fisted perforation on two planes, but the doors still open and close like a dream.
I hate to cut it up, but it is very rusty and and there is no title. I'm going to part it out for certain pieces that I want to keep, and I'm considering keeping the rear half for a trailer. sawzall-smiley.gif I pulled the plugs and they looked good. Oiled the top of the cylinders, and will do a makeshift fuel sytem to get it running before I pull it apart.
Unless someone is looking for a project????

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ws91420
Hey Kev if you dont want them can I have the speaker pods?
mepstein
I'm looking for a windshield if this one looks good. Will pick up. Let me know. Thanks, Mark

- also the center console and driver side rear view mirror if the price is right. Might have some stuff you want for trade. smile.gif
okieflyr
A few more pic's..
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
RJMII
OUCH, Kevin! That's a HUGE whole in the hell hole area. The d-side quarter seems to be a different shade of silver than the door and front fender... was it in a fender bender, too? (and been repaired from it) or is it just the shadowing?
okieflyr
QUOTE(RJMII @ Nov 21 2010, 09:14 PM) *

OUCH, Kevin! That's a HUGE whole in the hell hole area. The d-side quarter seems to be a different shade of silver than the door and front fender... was it in a fender bender, too? (and been repaired from it) or is it just the shadowing?

Yes it had been in a drivers side fender bender, and the front fender is a fiberglass replacement. Every corner on every panel is rusted, but it does have a small collection of factory "options".
okieflyr
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Nov 21 2010, 09:11 PM) *

Hey Kev if you dont want them can I have the speaker pods?

I'll try and save them for you, they are of some custom plywood configuration, so I'm not sure how to get them apart yet.
okieflyr
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 21 2010, 09:11 PM) *

I'm looking for a windshield if this one looks good. Will pick up. Let me know. Thanks, Mark

- also the center console and driver side rear view mirror if the price is right. Might have some stuff you want for trade. smile.gif

Mark, the drivers rear view is bent toast, I'll get the glass clean to see what kind of shape it's in (It's original) and it's almost loose enough to fall out. I'll keep you posted.

I'll start a parts thread in the classifieds when I get closer to stripping..
mepstein
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Nov 21 2010, 09:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 21 2010, 09:11 PM) *

Mark, the drivers rear view is bent toast, I'll get the glass clean to see what kind of shape it's in (It's original) and it's almost loose enough to fall out. I'll keep you posted.

I'll start a parts thread in the classifieds when I get closer to stripping..

Loose is gud. Less likely to crack when removed. If that dash doesn't survive the removal process, I have a late model dash, in great condition, available for trade. Thanks, Mark
type11969
Are either of the rear fenders in decent enough shape to save? If so I am interested. Let me know.

-Chris
AndyB
Hey Kevin whats up with the steering wheel? biggrin.gif
stephenaki
The heater control unit looks in a lot better shape than mine, i'd be interested.
914runnow
Back Pad behind seats???
Available and condition???
Thanx Rx in Colorado
plas76targa
Kevin,
You want the motor? I might be interested in the motor, empi wheels, and a dash switch or two (fog lights, emergency flash).
Matt
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(914runnow @ Nov 22 2010, 06:10 AM) *

Back Pad behind seats???
Available and condition???
Thanx Rx in Colorado

Rex,

I think I have a perfect backpad in my attic if you want it.
garyb
I need the carpet for behind the seats if it's in good shape.
Thanks
Gary
zonedoubt
I'll take the fuel pump cover and bracket if it's in good shape. PM sent.
indianmort
that one is mint compared to mine. if you part would you have the front heater tube that is in the long on the passenger side. thanks.
moparrob
I need to make an access cover for my _6 conversion, so I'm looking for the center section of the firewall to cut a section larger than the one I'm going to cut out. sawzall-smiley.gif

if it is still intact and you're willing to ship it let me know.

Thanks.

Rob

robrose426@att.net
okieflyr
QUOTE(moparrob @ Nov 22 2010, 10:26 PM) *

I need to make an access cover for my _6 conversion, so I'm looking for the center section of the firewall to cut a section larger than the one I'm going to cut out. sawzall-smiley.gif

if it is still intact and you're willing to ship it let me know.

Thanks.

Rob

robrose426@att.net

Rob, this should not be a problem. I'll get with you before I get to the sawsall for your desired dimensions.
zy84
How bad is the cowl section? I need a cowl section to replace my rusty one.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Center Console looks good . I could use it for my chairty builds. How much shipped to 43567. Go easy on me. Let me know. Dave slap.gif

and the heater lever!
dashgod
I'm looking for both a foglight switch and a headlight switch.

Thanks,
Dave
draganc
hi,

i sent you a pm a few days and would take the rear sway bar incl. bolts. i could swing by next week - i'm in central nj.
okieflyr
QUOTE(zy84 @ Nov 23 2010, 12:39 PM) *

How bad is the cowl section? I need a cowl section to replace my rusty one.

From the topside it looks to be ok. are you looking for the piece to be cut just beyond fender to fender? I'm not cutting yet, but I look to start in the next week or two.

Kevin
okieflyr
QUOTE(dashgod @ Nov 24 2010, 01:56 PM) *

I'm looking for both a foglight switch and a headlight switch.

Thanks,
Dave

I'm going to hang on to them since I'll soon need replacements as well, sorry...

okieflyr
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Nov 22 2010, 02:09 PM) *

I'll take the fuel pump cover and bracket if it's in good shape. PM sent.

I'll try and get you a picture today.
type11969
Kevin-

How about those rear fenders? Useable? I can come down to help you cut it up. Have sawzall, will travel. Let me know.

-Chris
okieflyr
QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 27 2010, 05:47 PM) *

Kevin-

How about those rear fenders? Useable? I can come down to help you cut it up. Have sawzall, will travel. Let me know.

-Chris

Chris,

I got a few pics today for ya, I'll get them up this eve to give you an idea.
okieflyr
QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 27 2010, 05:47 PM) *

Kevin-

-Chris

Here you go Chris, Driver's side, your call.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

okieflyr
Here is the passenger side.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
hashagen7
How much for the front bumper, pad, and grilles? I can pick up.
okieflyr
QUOTE(hashagen7 @ Nov 28 2010, 08:13 AM) *

How much for the front bumper, pad, and grilles? I can pick up.

I'll do $25.00 for the bumper, pad, and mounted lights. It needs some cleaning but is otherwise in good shape. Are you talking about the eng compartment grills?

Click to view attachment

okieflyr
I got the 1.8 engine running this weekend(history unknown) and it sounds fine and not smoking. I will be looking to sell it locally as I have no time to ship it. Iexpect to pull it out in the next week or so if anyone wants to listen and check it out beforehand. I will be including the motor, all fuel injection, good heat exchangers, and muffler system for $450.00

The side shift trans will also be available for $200. The system could be plug and play....
type11969
Kevin-

Thanks for the pics. Those fenders look pretty rough, I'll have to dig in my basement to find the spares I have, but I think they are in better shape than those. I'm sure those are fried under that vinyl too.

-Chris
okieflyr
QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 28 2010, 07:29 PM) *

Kevin-

Thanks for the pics. Those fenders look pretty rough, I'll have to dig in my basement to find the spares I have, but I think they are in better shape than those. I'm sure those are fried under that vinyl too.

-Chris

Your welcome to any "patch" metal if you need some.
Cairo94507
Hello:
Looking for complete original front & rear sway bars. If the rear is still available I would be interested if it comes with all of the parts, including the reinforced trunk part. Also if the car has a stock 15mm front bar I would be equally interested.
Thanks,
Michael
okieflyr
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 2 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Hello:
Looking for complete original front & rear sway bars. If the rear is still available I would be interested if it comes with all of the parts, including the reinforced trunk part. Also if the car has a stock 15mm front bar I would be equally interested.
Thanks,
Michael

Michael,

I no longer have the rear bar, but I do have the factory front 15mm bar that is complete if that still helps. I was looking to get $150 +shipping. I could ship it out on Monday.
sfrenck
Looking for the rear trunk lid and the right side door (maybe both doors) if they're straight and in good condition.

Thanks,
Scott
okieflyr
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Dec 3 2010, 12:32 PM) *

Looking for the rear trunk lid and the right side door (maybe both doors) if they're straight and in good condition.

Thanks,
Scott

The rear trunk lid is very rusty as are the doors. I'm going to keep and use the drivers door, and decklid for parts, but your welcome to take a look at the pass door. It is straight and opens and closes very easy and smooth, but it like most of this car it is rusty with a perforation on the front lower edge.

I'm right off of Naamans Rd on the PA side. You can reach me at six one zero
five seven four five two zero eight if you want to look at this soon to be carcass.
sfrenck
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Dec 4 2010, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Dec 3 2010, 12:32 PM) *

Thanks,
Scott

The rear trunk lid is very rusty as are the doors. I'm going to keep and use the drivers door, and decklid for parts, but your welcome to take a look at the pass door. It is straight and opens and closes very easy and smooth, but it like most of this car it is rusty with a perforation on the front lower edge.

I'm right off of Naamans Rd on the PA side. You can reach me at six one zero
five seven four five two zero eight if you want to look at this soon to be carcass.

Thanks anyway - doesn't sound like your passenger door is any better than the one I have.

I think I've seen you in your 914 last summer - I live in Northminster off of Foulk Rd (right across from Safeway). There's actually another 914 up the street from me as well (Olympic blue). Funny how many of these cars are around when you start looking for them.
okieflyr

I think I've seen you in your 914 last summer - I live in Northminster off of Foulk Rd (right across from Safeway). There's actually another 914 up the street from me as well (Olympic blue). Funny how many of these cars are around when you start looking for them.
[/quote]

Well since we are neighbors we should meet up. Do you know the other owner?
I've not seen any others on the road in this area but it would be nice.
mepstein
[quote name='okieflyr' date='Dec 4 2010, 09:29 PM' post='1402073']
[/quote]

Well since we are neighbors we should meet up. Do you know the other owner?
I've not seen any others on the road in this area but it would be nice.
[/quote]

* We could always meet at my house. I need some help with an engine drop. I've never done it before and don't have jacks. Lunch/beer/whatever on me. I'm in Landenberg off 41. Only ~ 20 minutes from you guys.
sfrenck
Time is pretty tight around the Holidays - but I'm game to helping with the engine drop. I'm sure Bryan (brenz) would help also (Kevin - Bryan works with me, has a 914, and lives down by Bellvue State Park)

The guy up the street doesn't seem to be into his 914 that much - got a "it's my wife's car" response when talking to him about it at Little League practice this past summer.
mepstein
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Dec 5 2010, 08:51 AM) *

Time is pretty tight around the Holidays - but I'm game to helping with the engine drop. I'm sure Bryan (brenz) would help also (Kevin - Bryan works with me, has a 914, and lives down by Bellvue State Park)

The guy up the street doesn't seem to be into his 914 that much - got a "it's my wife's car" response when talking to him about it at Little League practice this past summer.

No problem waiting until after Christmas/New Year.
okieflyr
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 5 2010, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Dec 5 2010, 08:51 AM) *

No problem waiting until after Christmas/New Year.

idea.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif sawzall-smiley.gif piratenanner.gif
type11969
Sounds like a good time, I'd be willing to make the drive, keep me in the loop.

-Chris
plas76targa
Ditto. i'll drive up from MD. say when
okieflyr
This could be a nice meet- n- greet to start the new year! I have to travel between Jan 4-11th, but i'm available before and after.

On the part-out front, I've now got the motor and transmission out and available for sale. This weekend sould give me some more garage time to begin the dismantled parts requests.
mepstein
I will start a thread in the garage for the engine drop/meet-n-greet so Kevin can have his thread back. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.