Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear suspension bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sixaddict
I am planning to replace rear trailing arm bushings to stop the wretched squeaking and improve suspension travel. I was planning on smart racing poly graphite that may be lubricated, but noticed a competitor making a disparaging remark about that material.
Input on this would be appreciated. Which way is best based on your experience.
Let the debate begin !
Thanks
Terry
J P Stein
I did my rear with the needle bearing set up and have ever regretted it. I think Mark still sells them....not cheep, but effective and they have held up well.
campbellcj
I now have the Elephant Polybronze in the back and they improved the smoothness of motion noticeably vs. the old Weltmeister polyurethane guys. I have needle bearings up front.
maf914
JP and Chris,

What sort of maintenance is required for the needle bearings? Did you install grease fittings? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
campbellcj
QUOTE(maf914 @ Dec 9 2010, 01:30 PM) *

JP and Chris,

What sort of maintenance is required for the needle bearings? Did you install grease fittings? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mine (front) do not have grease fittings. They should be disassembled, inspected, cleaned and lubed periodically. My new rear Elephant bushings do have grease fittings. The suspension tends to be torn down for maintenance and upgrades every couple years anyway so the bearing and bushing maintenance goes along with that. Since my car is track-focused and spends much of its life in the garage, it doesn't see crappy road/commuting conditions or nasty weather, which I imagine would decrease the service interval for these bits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.