Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Webber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I need someone in the tri- state area (NY-NJ- CT) to help me ad just my dual webber carbs. I cant sem to get them right. help.......... I am in NYC will drive up to 50 Miles. Need this done asap. anyone in the northeast region or if you know of any mechanic.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ppetion @ Nov 23 2010, 12:27 PM) *

I need someone in the tri- state area (NY-NJ- CT) to help me ad just my dual webber carbs. I cant sem to get them right. help.......... I am in NYC will drive up to 50 Miles. Need this done asap. anyone in the northeast region or if you know of any mechanic.

Chris Foley tangerine racing can probably help!860 647-8719
IronHillRestorations
Do a search on "carb tuning". You'll find good info on this site.
McMark
Search for "+carb +tuning" for better results. wink.gif
ChrisFoley
Scheduled for this Saturday.
rmital
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 24 2010, 11:03 AM) *

Chris....is Paul driving up to see you on Saturday??
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rmital @ Nov 24 2010, 12:39 PM) *

That's the current plan.
Why, are you interested in following him up here? He might need a ride home if the work is going to take more than a couple hours.
rmital
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 24 2010, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Nov 24 2010, 12:39 PM) *

That's the current plan.
Why, are you interested in following him up here? He might need a ride home if the work is going to take more than a couple hours.

more concerned about him making it all the way there...not sure of the condition of his teener.....
.....I do have some respect for those willing to spend some quality time on the shoulder of some remote highway waiting for AAA.
ChrisFoley
I think as long as he is within 100 miles the tow would be free.
That's some consolation if the car lets him down on the way here.
914itis
QUOTE(ppetion @ Nov 23 2010, 02:27 PM) *

Thanks all for all your advice. I took the car to a mechanic recommended by a member of this forum, (great guy)He checked my timing, my valves, they were all good. he made some minor adjustments to the dwell. the biggest issue was with the carbs that needed to be setup and a leak on the exhaust. There was a leak where the pipe is attached to the exhaust. took them apart and put them back together. Re-thread some bolts. he spent some quality time adjusting the carb’s air and throttle, clean my plugs and adjusted the linkage between the two carbs. I drove the car for about a 100 miles today and all I can tell you is that the fun has begun.

The drive was smooth I monitored the head sensor that I installed and the Temperature was between 300 and 350 the whole ride. My oil sensor temp stays a ¼.

My next step is to put the car back together. I will be posting this on the other threads that I have started related to this issue as it may be beneficial to other members.

Big thanks to Ray (Rmital) and Zach (Vaca Rabite) who gave me the motivation and help me make it that far.
AndyB
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Glad it worked out for you
ChrisFoley
Sounds like you found a good resource.
I doubt I could have done better in a couple of hours on a Saturday.
914itis
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 28 2010, 08:27 PM) *

Thanks Chris,

I actually had to leave it since it had to cool off so he can check he the valve adjustment that i have made was correct. I picked it uo this morning.

rmital
Excellent!!! one more member added to our NE contingency. driving.gif
914itis
QUOTE(rmital @ Nov 28 2010, 08:40 PM) *

Excellent!!! one more member added to our NE contingency. driving.gif

piratenanner.gif driving-girl.gif voom voom voom!
Borderline
QUOTE(ppetion @ Nov 28 2010, 05:33 PM) *

Thanks Chris,

I actually had to leave it since it had to cool off so he can check he the valve adjustment that i have made was correct. I picked it uo this morning.

So what did you learn? You should have stayed and watched and participated so you could do it yourself next time or help someone else in the future.
VaccaRabite
Nice!
Now you need to drive it down to Hershey in April so that I can see it!

Zach
914itis
QUOTE(Borderline @ Nov 29 2010, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Nov 28 2010, 05:33 PM) *

Thanks Chris,

So what did you learn? You should have stayed and watched and participated so you could do it yourself next time or help someone else in the future.

It is my how to exchange and help anyone in need with the knowledge that I gain here or elsewhere. I owe it to the wold as all the members reached out to me and will continue to reach out to me as needed. I beleive that most of us here feel the same. The world wouldn't be what it is if we did not help each other. After all that what it comes down to. Help someone to the best of our ability to save one more 914.

as to your assumptions that I did not stay or learn anything, I will not entertain you by giving you an answer. I will be a member for as long as it takes. Just sit tight and read. You Wil gt your answer.
914itis
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 29 2010, 09:02 PM) *

Nice!
Now you need to drive it down to Hershey in April so that I can see it!

Zach

Oh yeah, will be there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.