Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB wiring harness section '72 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Boxer246
Fairly new to this forum, been trying to buy a really low mileage '71 for the past couple years unsuccessfully, but now found another low mileage car.....been sitting for a long time, and aside from the usual maladies I noticed the mice have eaten a bit of the wiring harness.....looks to be pretty localized damage.

Its the bundle that comes up from underneath the dash on the driver's side just below the windshield corner through the grommet....splits off, one half of the bundle goes toward passenger side in the trunk, and one half goes down into the spare tire well area.

I figured maybe one of you guys has a parts car with some good wiring, maybe cut a section out so I can splice everything back together. PITA, but I dont know what else to do other than rewiring the car.

I'll try to post a pic when I pick the car up.
Al Meredith
What year car are you needing the harness for? I have several in Atlanta.
914Sixer
I am up in Boerne, just north of San Antonio. I have several wiring harness I can help with. Let me know. 830-755-4755
Boxer246
Mark, I'll give you a call soon to see what you have.
Here's the section that's damaged. Actually the eaten wiring goes a few inches behind that black vent duct, and also down about another 8 or 10 inches towards the front of the car.

The car is a '72 1.7

IPB Image
JeffBowlsby
Thats a straight forward repair with the harness in the car. Just get some same-gauge wiring and start splicing and soldering in new sections.
Boxer246
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 1 2010, 08:39 PM) *

Thats a straight forward repair with the harness in the car. Just get some same-gauge wiring and start splicing and soldering in new sections.

yeah I just wanted to get the same color wires to splice in, since I currently only have a couple rolls of black, brown and red wire. Would like it to remain looking original at least instead of a hack job.
914Sixer
I will be out of town until next Tuesday Dec 7.
Thanks,
Mark
Boxer246
Thanks to all for the replies.....incidentally i found a fellow local who was parting out several cars, he had some wiring harnesses laying around that I cut the section out of and spliced into my car.....Took a few afternoons getting it all spliced in, but it looks factory and is a good repair, which is what I was going for. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.