Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: harness bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
vwsamba
i was thinking of putting a cage and harnesses in my 6 but could not see how it would fit. i browsed and found this pic but it does'nt look right to me. i had to cut and remount my harness bar for being too low at a lemons race now this looks too high? blink.gif
stewteral
QUOTE(vwsamba @ Nov 23 2010, 07:21 PM) *

i was thinking of putting a cage and harnesses in my 6 but could not see how it would fit. i browsed and found this pic but it does'nt look right to me. i had to cut and remount my harness bar for being too low at a lemons race now this looks too high? blink.gif

Hey VW Samba,

For my track/street 914 I simply drilled 2 harness hole are the seat-back level in the firewall and then backed up the mounting points with a 3/16" thick, 2" x 12" plate. Easy, cheap and leave lots of room in the engine bay, not to mention rear-view room out the back of the car.

A thought.....

Best,
Terry
dinomium
QUOTE(vwsamba @ Nov 23 2010, 07:21 PM) *

Yes, those are WAY too high, check out this link from Crow enterprises on their recommended install for belts. I use them and this guide in my RX7 track car...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.