Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Cleaners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
I’m headed off to Hershey rocking nana.gif tomorrow morning and one of my projected purchases is P21S wheel cleaner gel. I’ve used this on all of the cars for several years and have been very satisfied; and while it is a bit on the $$ side, it only seems to take a little bit to do the job. I’ve also thought about switching to the Griot’s wheel cleaner since it is a bit cheaper. Has anyone tried both products so they could give me a comparison?

Thanks,
Harvey
JerryP
Sorry...I've heard the griot's is decent but haven't tried it yet.

....but I'll be heading up in the 914 tomorrow from Berwyn (provided I find a new heater flapper box between now and then as the bell part on one of mine somehow just broke off).
seanery
Harvey, I haven't used Griot's, but I agree P21 is awesome stuff. When I bought my Harley the wheels were kinda dull and yellow'd. I used P21 and they looked as new.

I'm interested to hear some comparisons.
boxstr
Harvey I have both, and I have used both, want to buy some Griots.
Stick with the P21s, safe for alloy wheels and it works.
readily available and it doesn't cost as much as the other.
CCLINWHEELSARECLEAN
Porsche Rescue
I am familiar with p21s spray but not gel. Tell me about it.
HarveyH
They call it a gel, but it is just a thicker spray. Won't run off the surface as quickly as their standard product.

Thanks for the information guys.
Harvey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.