Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb Backfire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
Recently my dual Webber carb'd 914 is popping and back firing during acceleration and letting off the accelerator, they have been on my car for a year or so and I haven’t them and the gas is new and clean. Anyone have any ideas to the solution. Thanks Mike icon8.gif
914itis
QUOTE(xperu @ Nov 25 2010, 01:11 PM) *

Recently my dual Webber carb'd 914 is popping and back firing during acceleration and letting off the accelerator, they have been on my car for a year or so and I haven’t them and the gas is new and clean. Anyone have any ideas to the solution. Thanks Mike icon8.gif

having the same problem, excet that I never have them running right after buying the car, taking it to an expert this weekend to have them looked at, but i beleive that its too rich, needs to be adjustted, timing or dwell ajustment.
NORD

I use to have popping through the carb and ehaust and found out that the

carb linkage had gotten out of abjustment so one side opened before the

the other and also closed before the other. after setting linkage the

same I now don't get the popping. Might ckeck and see if you have the

same problem with linkage to the carbs. driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Popping through the intakes is a sign of a lean condition, not a rich one. The Cap'n
Jake Raby
Yep, lean causes this.. So will tight intake valves.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Gosh my ans. follows the Capt'n and Jake I feel intimadated ( sp)

but I would pull the idle jets & blow them out. Watch out for the little O-rings.

drop one of those in the engine bay , not fun finding it. My 2 cents!

Dave slap.gif
xperu
Thanks to all of you for your expertise, I have a few days of so I am going to follow your advice. Thanks Mike and Maria
flylarry
10 years running IDF 44 webers, Lean mis-fire. Check your idle jets and clean-em. grouphug.gif
flylarry
Should have qualified that statement:
  • good voltage
  • good compression
  • no vacuum leaks
  • properly tuned
    [list]
  • then check the idle jets-and don't cut the o-ring!, its will cause a clogged jet.

r_towle
agreed, Idle jets.
You have driven it for a year and you have not found the idle jets yet? you must not drive much...they tend to get clogged up often...just a simple thing to remove, blow out and reinstall.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.