Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My new Shop/barn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JRust
So here is my new shop/barn. We are spending this thanksgiving weekend moving to our new house. We are really excited as we have 4 acres & tons of space for everything. Most importantly plenty of room for my 914's evilgrin.gif

Oh yeah it is in the middle of a bunch of farm land acreage too. We have 2 neighbors on probably 150 acres of farmland biggrin.gif
MDG
Looks great. Congrats!
AndyB
Very nice biggrin.gif
Beach914
Very nice place that you have set up. I'm extremely envious. Someday maybe my wife will let us escape Huntington Beach and get some real property. I have four cars in the driveway and have to clean up and cover everything after working on them for the day. The daily drivers are on the street. It sucks.

Post more pics as you get settled in.
rick 918-S
Typical guy. Shop photos and no house photos! biggrin.gif That's how we roll! beerchug.gif
Gint
Suuuweet! Grats. know exactly how you feel right about now.
JRust
LOL! Here are a few house pics. I didn't take many & these are all from my dang phone as I didn't have my camera
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 25 2010, 01:17 PM) *

So here is my new shop/barn. We are spending this thanksgiving weekend moving to our new house. We are really excited as we have 4 acres & tons of space for everything. Most importantly plenty of room for my 914's evilgrin.gif

Oh yeah it is in the middle of a bunch of farm land acreage too. We have 2 neighbors on probably 150 acres of farmland biggrin.gif

It's the perfect storm.......obsessive collector meets enormous vacuum.....I must fill this space, I must fill this space, I must fill this space.....!!!

Jamie, please take pics as new pieces are added so that we can see the progression. This is going to be fun to watch. I'm counting on your sickness passion to take you too a new level.

"Nature abhors a vacuum"

Ask me how I know. headbang.gif

Oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS!
windforfun
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
scotty b
VERY NICE !!! wub.gif
Mark Henry
Welcome to the country life club!

You'll never move back to a city. wink.gif
watsonrx13
Congratulations Jamie... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
JRust
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 25 2010, 02:29 PM) *

Welcome to the country life club!

You'll never move back to a city. wink.gif

We have lived in the country more than half my married life (17 years now). I've hated our few stints back in town. Nothing like having space around you. Hate that closed in feel you get in town. Having to worry about being to loud working on your car. Not to mention the peace & quiet. We actually are just moving up the road. Our last house was close to the hwy though. This one is a good mile off it & sooooo quiet! Absolutely love it.

Now I just have to figure out how the hell I am going to move my v8 914 with one suspension ear & trailing arm off sad.gif
bandjoey
Jelllous. Great place to set up shop.
Jake Raby
Sweet!
Nothing like living in the country...
trojanhorsepower
Man that looks great!

beerchug.gif
Cheapsnake
Great looking place Jamie and that barn is a diamond in the rough. I see mancave.

Tom
bandjoey
Should be a law to include a car lift in every house purchase price santa_smiley.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Jamie : Sweet !!!!!!! I bet you will have it filled up in no time.

I also see more 914's in the future . You can corner the Market.

I also see a lift in the future, also Refrigerator ' did I mention more

914's . I also hate you. Dave slap.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 25 2010, 09:21 PM) *

Should be a law to include a car lift in every house purchase price santa_smiley.gif

Frame in a hole in that loft floor and install a 2 post lift. shades.gif biggrin.gif
tod914
Beautiful place Jamie! The only problem is, you'll want to get more 914's to fill it up now.
914 shifter
thats a beauty you can grow corn a run ehtyl
JRust
I am not much of a green thumb but do plan to have a big garden next year. We have raised beds jut waiting for it. I like the idea of doing some corn. Just to eat though. Screw that ethynal stuff dry.gif . As far as a lift if I came accross a deal on a scissor lift I would be all over it.

Well off to work for a bit. Then back to moving smile.gif
sean_v8_914
very nice. congrats
veltror
In the US there is no lack of space but is this place in bumblefuck nowhere? or close to a town? Anyway it looks great!!
JRust
QUOTE(veltror @ Nov 26 2010, 08:45 AM) *

In the US there is no lack of space but is this place in bumblefuck nowhere? or close to a town? Anyway it looks great!!

It's 5minutes from town. Best of both worlds that way!
pete-stevers
big congrats!!! now fill up the barn with stuff....
computers4kids
Jamie,
I love your new place! Now you can have your very own "camp914." I would love to have that kind of shop.

Hey...how about a WCR event in your backyard. Campground?
swood
a little jealous here...green acres is the place for me...but i'm stuck here in the LBC... smile.gif
NORD

That place is nice. I like the big Barn/Shop. santa_smiley.gif

When do you think you'll have time for garden. Ask me how I know?
oldschool
dude that's very cool man, did you have to sell the rotary ? rolleyes.gif
JRust
QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 26 2010, 08:24 PM) *

dude that's very cool man, did you have to sell the rotary ? rolleyes.gif

I still have it. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks. Stuck with a dbl payment next month. I'll work it out though. I'm good either way.

I tell you what this moving stuff sucks. Was exciting at first. Now I am just tired & drained. Although luckily in the morning I have some guys coming to help me move all my big stuff.

Oh another bonus is the barn is wired for 220 biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 26 2010, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(veltror @ Nov 26 2010, 08:45 AM) *

It's 5minutes from town. Best of both worlds that way!

Nice work Jamie, Congrats! How far from the old house?
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Nov 26 2010, 09:14 PM) *

Nice work Jamie, Congrats! How far from the old house?

It's closer to town Drew. Off the same hwy but much further from the road. Nice & quiet.

If I didn't mention this before moving sucks stromberg.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Oh man, I know what your talking about. When I moved from Atascadero, Ca. to Klamath Falls, Or. it was brutal! I wouldn't be mad if I never move again! it's been 6 years and I still have boxes that haven't been unpacked. They were gone through but not unpacked.
J P Stein
Looks good, Jamie. Country living with space to spread out (& take care of).

What immediately pops to mind is "He needs a couple of barn cats". Fixed females are best....the hunters of the species. Feed em' but not enuff and let nature take it's course.
Looking at the pics makes me think there is an unlimited supply of 4 legged food in the area which are all looking for cover.

Mice/rats love 914s.
boxstr
J that looks great. Come up to camp and I have a nice sign for you it is big and will fit perfectly.
I also have a few 914 rollers that I am going to let go go cheap $419. Each. All have been in dry storage and have lots of good parts.
Craig
pete-stevers Nov 26 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #27

JRust
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 28 2010, 08:48 PM) *

J that looks great. Come up to camp and I have a nice sign for you it is big and will fit perfectly.
I also have a few 914 rollers that I am going to let go go cheap $419. Each. All have been in dry storage and have lots of good parts.
Craig

I like the sign idea smile.gif . Send me some pics of it would yeah. Love to get some personalization done to it. It iwll happen in time though. Definately not looking for any 914's at the moment. Trying to sell a few dry.gif
JRust
While I still have my suspension ear to do so I can move my v8 car. I am mostly done with the move. Tackling grinding off the old suspension ear thursday night. Welding in the new one saturday morning. Bolting my trailing arm back on, conecting the shock & putting on my wheel. I will then move it to it's new home piratenanner.gif .

On a related note. Now that we finally have some space. We need a dog. I love them & my son is super excited to get one. I really want a dog that will make a good companion for him. While not driving my wife crazy preferably. He will sleep inside while it is cold but spend plenty of time outdoors too. I would prefer something medium sized but athletic. Kind of thinking Border Collie but I am really not that familiar with that many breeds personally. Any suggestions confused24.gif
r_towle
border collies are super smart and they require an enormous amount of attention. they can open doors and get into and out of anything if they get bored.
I would not suggest you get one...they are serious time suckers and you could have 50 sheep, 100 acres and they would still get bored and into trouble. Those are real working dogs that dont know what to do if they are not working.

Google this breed.
Rhodesian Ridgeback....my MIL is one of the top breeders in the country, we have two and they are great family dogs, great guard dogs and the love the couch...very mellow.

Consider shedding and any inherited issues like hip displeasure, kidneys etc....
seems all dogs have issues and hereditary problems, just try to manage it by choosing a breed that has good history.

Whatever you decide, consider visiting the breeder and meet the parents of the dog and the siblings....look for odd behaviour in all the relatives and ask the breeder about inbreeding...that answer will tell you if they are good.

Once you pic a breed, get online and find the national club for that breed and go to the breeders that are members of that club...they keep each other honest and ethical.

do not buy a dog from a puppy farm, they tend to have to many issues based upon inbreeding.
We have seen rescue dogs at my MIL kennel and the puppy mill dogs (the ones they sell at the pet store) and typically nuts and cant be cured no matter how much you love them.

Rich
oldschool
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 30 2010, 10:05 PM) *

border collies are super smart and they require an enormous amount of attention. they can open doors and get into and out of anything if they get bored.
I would not suggest you get one...they are serious time suckers and you could have 50 sheep, 100 acres and they would still get bored and into trouble. Those are real working dogs that dont know what to do if they are not working.

Google this breed.
Rhodesian Ridgeback....my MIL is one of the top breeders in the country, we have two and they are great family dogs, great guard dogs and the love the couch...very mellow.

Consider shedding and any inherited issues like hip displeasure, kidneys etc....
seems all dogs have issues and hereditary problems, just try to manage it by choosing a breed that has good history.

Whatever you decide, consider visiting the breeder and meet the parents of the dog and the siblings....look for odd behaviour in all the relatives and ask the breeder about inbreeding...that answer will tell you if they are good.

Once you pic a breed, get online and find the national club for that breed and go to the breeders that are members of that club...they keep each other honest and ethical.

do not buy a dog from a puppy farm, they tend to have to many issues based upon inbreeding.
We have seen rescue dogs at my MIL kennel and the puppy mill dogs (the ones they sell at the pet store) and typically nuts and cant be cured no matter how much you love them.

Rich

Hear about the show dog stolen in bell ca. confused24.gif
r_towle
nope, was it a ridgeback?
If so, I bet my Inlaws already know and are looking for it.
They are tight with breeders all over the world.

Rich
oldschool
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 30 2010, 10:13 PM) *

nope, was it a ridgeback?
If so, I bet my Inlaws already know and are looking for it.
They are tight with breeders all over the world.

Rich

2 dogs ....big money
indianmort
i am a big fan of rottweilers. great with kids, loyal, smart and great watch dogs. they dont require too much attention after puppyhood. truly the linebacker of the working breeds. fwiw.
mburkhart
I grew up in a family of 5 with three successive female dobermans. All of the rumors about how aggressive they are are patently false in my experience - it's all about the owner. Our dobermans were always the sweetest dogs in the world, and were great to grow up with. They put up with a lot of teasing by me and my brother when we were kids. We lived in a neighborhood so the dog only got walked if she was lucky, and for the most part seemed happy to stay inside most of the time. Short hair is very low maintenance, which is especially important if the dog is going to spend a lot of time outside with burrs and such.
majkos
Austrailian Cattle dog
Blue/Red Heelers

Click to view attachment

Agility to ride the twisty's!
mojorisen914
QUOTE(majkos @ Dec 1 2010, 11:40 AM) *

Austrailian Cattle dog
Blue/Red Heelers

Click to view attachment

Agility to ride the twisty's!

Look at that sexy bitch!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Jamie:

We have a Border Collie for 7 yrs. High energy dog,=demands lots of

time. Long hair = a very pissed off wife. Smart. minds better than the wife!!!

I just thought i would let you know some of the pit falls. The wife vacuums at

least every other day, at certain times of the yr. you comb A bucket hair out

of him every day.

Would I get another? No because it's to hard to train a new wife !

Dave slap.gif
MoveQik
We have a couple of Goldens. I can't imagine owning any other breed after having them. One is from a breeder, the other from a Golden Rescue group. Both are amazingly great dogs.
race914
We have two border collies and agree that they have maximum energy and need to be worked alot!

But we also have a German Shepherd Dog and I can't think of a better dog for your son.

Click to view attachment

What a family oriented pet. GSD's will bond with your family and protect you for life. He has 3 cats as his 'personal' pets so he is gentle and kind, but if anyone tries to infringe on our family space, including anyone messing with the cats, let me tell you, you don't want to be his bad side...

Only breed I'll own going forward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.