Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Exceptional 2.0 73 up but 73 preferred
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Super90
Hi all. Looking to get back in to a nice 914 after about 30 yrs off. Back in the day I raced one in SCCA E production; and had a killer 914-6 that ate up 911 T & E cars on the highways. Look forward to maybe meeting some of you before long. I'm tool old for a rustoration or a project; so here is what I am looking for. I know I may sound like a fussy old coot, but willing to pay good $$$ for a nice car. Let me know what you have. Thanks, George

Searching for a top condition, near concour ready, safe & solid driving, no excuses ,2.0, 4 cyl 914 car. Will consider ALL 2.0 73-76 cars; BUT 73 is preferred & first choice.

Must be or have:
1. NO rust, body issues; NO battery tray or no other area rust or repair. No accidents, racing use, or rustoration. No Chalon type, kit mods, Chevy V8, or 914.6 conversions.

2. Original paint preferred. Very good panel fit.

3 Paint color in Silver, Blues, or Ravenna Green...maybe Black or Copper color. Possibly orange. NO white, red, zambezi green, or yellow cars please. No creamsicles. No Riviera or strange wheels; must have 4 bolt original Fuchs (no repops)...but will consider Silver Minilites. Also original styled steels that came on later cars if original to the car.

4. Matching numbers with all or most all original papers, sale and/or service documents, books, keys, jack, tools etc. Proper emblems. Perfect or near perfect chrome, bumpers & trim. Reasonably low miles.

5. Exceptional original interior (or new original replacement materials like carpet). NO dash cracks or cover caps, seat splits, wrinkled dash or door panels, bad visors, broken door pockets etc. Black sail trim must have no rust or bubbles underneath. All 2.0 trim. Prefer driving lights option. Upgrade stereo OK if dash was not damaged & hopefully you still have original Blaupunkt in a box. NO speaker cut outs in doors.

6. Reasonable upgrades like big brakes and such considered. No extra spoilers, flares, aftemarket rear light center panels, no 5 bolt wheel upgrades and such. Weber carb conversion & Monza 4 outlet exhaust considered...maybe; no extractor type of exhaust.

7. Nothing missing; everything working (all lights, wipers,instruments etc)/ ENGINE MUST be properly running, no leaks, issues, problems, good compression etc etc. Brakes, clutch & trans must have no issues.

8. CLEAR unencumbered title AND titled in Sellers name to be proplerly signed over. No brokers please (unless your car is EXCEPTIONAL and you can make the deal without back & forth with the owner.)

9. Available for pre purchase inspection.

I am looking for this car for my personal use. I outlined exactly what I am looking for so as not to waste your time or mine. I know it sounds like I want a lot; but I know what I want & will pay a fair price to get it. I know the car I want is out there somewhere. What do you have?

Please contact me first time with some pics & info about the car, VIN, price, & best method & time to contact you.....please include a phone number & location. No scams, stories or foolishness, and run around please. Fast, smooth,clean transaction for the right car & legit owner/seller.

Please email me. I am in Evans,GA.

Thanks. George
rwilner
Wow. Good luck finding your car. If it exists, someone this forum has it. And if you do find it, make sure to post pics!
MikeSpraggi
George, an official welcome out of your lurker status. welcome.png

That's a pretty tall order you detailed. Please post pics when the car you're looking for presents itself to you. We would all love to see pictures of such an exceptional car. I know it's out there, have patience!
Super90
Hi Mike, Rich & All, I most certainly will post what I find. My ads appear on every decent site I could find like a rash, but I'm retired and a patient guy by nature. Yeah, tall order, but heck everyone knows & we dont waste a lot of each other's time. The car I want is out there some where...just gotta find it smile.gif

I am new to the board community but not 914's as I mentioned above. Back in the day I campaigned a 914 in E production SCCA. I never had a DNF but never a checker because the way the GCR was set up;914's could not use the way developed type IV stuff and so the 356's dominated. I finally got a 356 and did pretty good with it in the NE; but gotta admit the extra gear and mid engine made the 914 a much better balanced race car (dont tell my 356 pals I admitted it). I also had a 914-6 in the 80's that I just flogged around the beltways hunting down earlier 911 T's and giving them a goood run. Many learned what the back of a 914 looked like. When I sold the poor old guy the body was so twisted the door hardly opened.

So far two promising leads on a 76 viper green met and a silver 73. Awaiting more info.

Also had a real nice letter from Mrs Obuto in Cameroon who offered me her dead sons 2k mile ravenna car. Unfortunately it is crated and secured in a bonded warehouse in Portugal. all I have to do is pay $6100 in taxes & storage fees. The car should go to a fine home with her blessings and it pains & worries her so that she wishes me to have it. Make the check to her & she will have it released to me. Think I should go for it? lol-2.gif Yeah, right.

Please ask your friends who have that garage queen if they may be intrested in parting with it. Fnding something like the BEAUTIFUL Sahara car in FL is beyond my wildest dream....but I've gotten lucky a few times finding cars.

Look forward to a nice association with 914's...again.

Regards,
George
Super90
Found my car. Thanks to all who replied. Lot of nice cars out there still, based on the replies. I purchased a lo mi, black, 74, 2.0 well documented down to the bottle of champagne with the Porsche dealer label in Beverly Hills where it was sold new. Window sticker documented chrome bumper option and more. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Will probably be asking for some help on things once I really get acquainted with it.

Regards,
George
william1764
QUOTE(Super90 @ Nov 29 2010, 03:31 PM) *

Found my car. Thanks to all who replied. Lot of nice cars out there still, based on the replies. I purchased a lo mi, black, 74, 2.0 well documented down to the bottle of champagne with the Porsche dealer label in Beverly Hills where it was sold new. Window sticker documented chrome bumper option and more. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Will probably be asking for some help on things once I really get acquainted with it.

Regards,
George

Congrats - can't wait to see pics!
zambezi
QUOTE(Super90 @ Nov 29 2010, 05:31 PM) *

Regards,
George

George,
Way to go. Did you pass on that 56 chevy or did you get that too? I could have offered you my 73 but its been modified too much for your liking, and besides I dont think I am ready to sell anyways. Cant wait to see pics of this beauty. Nowing your eye for cars I am sure it will be quite nice.

Jim
Super90
Hi Jim, passed on the Chevy. I think I did OK; BUT like any car deal, until it gets here I wont know for sure. A few times over the past 30 yrs or so I got fooled even with a PPI done by someone "in the know". I have found most guys though to be honest.

Seems to be a silly notion in modern times but somehow I just trusted this guy. I found him, he didnt find me. He was not hammering me or lecturing about investment quality stuff. He sent pix although some were not the greatest, answered questions pretty consitently, happily sent pix of the clear title, etc etc. He was almost reticent to accept payment until I could come see the car myself or have it inspected. It was on the other side of the country. Public domain records verified he was who he said he was and I cuold never really trip up the "story".

I got a lot of great replies about some great cars. Too many choices dropping out of the sky, almost so that it got confusing. Obvious scams discarded immediately. I was not looking for a perfect, trailer queen, super investment grade type, but a nice car that I could drive and enjoy with minimal work. I am undergoing chemo again, so I just decided to decide. If he's a BS'er then he is world class & my hat's off to him. It was a deal not too good to be true, just an honest & documented car with a few minor reperesented flaws, and frankly it appeared to be almost as good as some of the cars offered in the BIG price range.

Dunno. If it doesnt work out, well, I guess I'll take off the front & rear lid & top, fill it with dirt and plant geraniums in it down by the garage under the big pine tree & stick with 356's. We all are where we are for the choices we make so I'll see if I chose wisely. My sense is I did.

All the best,
George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.