Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: compufire question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biker bob
Since installing a compufire module my plugs are fouling. The spark coming thru the plug is yellow (not blue) and seems to rotate around the electrode before discharging to the tip. Firing from different points on the electrode. Can this be right? Suggestions please.
Cap'n Krusty
Like the points, the replacement units trigger the coil, they don't make the spark stronger or weaker.

The Cap'n
biker bob
Thanks Cap'n, I have new bosch wires, plugs and blue coil. Does the yellow spark at the plugs indicate a weakness of the coil?
underthetire
Are you using platinum plugs? I use the compufire and blue coil without problems. Also make sure your coil has full voltage on the + terminal.
orange914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 27 2010, 11:43 AM) *

Also make sure your coil has full voltage on the + terminal.

agree.gif inline resistor? how much? does compufire even run resistance??
underthetire
QUOTE(orange914 @ Nov 27 2010, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 27 2010, 11:43 AM) *

Also make sure your coil has full voltage on the + terminal.

agree.gif inline resistor? how much? does compufire even run resistance??

Simple answer, with a bosch blue coil, no. Pretty much same set up as pertronix, with a little better separation between coil trigger points. Simple hook up, just red to coil +, black to coil - (trigger) and the body of it grounded to the distributor and heat sink paste between the module and the mount plate in the dizy.
biker bob
Using copper plugs and voltage at coil(+) is 13 volts when engine is running. Thanks Bob

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 27 2010, 02:43 PM) *

Are you using platinum plugs? I use the compufire and blue coil without problems. Also make sure your coil has full voltage on the + terminal.
Drums66
...do the gitty gap again idea.gif
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.