Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can someone id this engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
could someone tell me if this is a 1.8 or 2.0. and what do you think its worth as seen, i have no other details other then its a 1974 , any help would be appreciated
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
smg914
It's a 2 Liter. And it looks like the car was originally Phoenix Red.
SirAndy
QUOTE(smg914 @ Nov 27 2010, 02:50 PM) *

It's a 2 Liter. And it looks like the car was originally Phoenix Red.

agree.gif Might have been "Signal Orange", hard to tell ...
crxnug
thanks, what would you pay for this 1974 2.0 at auction?, i only have these pics, it has a title( not branded), does not run, was a insurance writeoff but damage doesnt look to bad from the pics , i dont have any info on car in regards to rust
SirAndy
QUOTE(crxnug @ Nov 27 2010, 04:56 PM) *

thanks, what would you pay for this 1974 2.0 at auction?, i only have these pics, it has a title( not branded), does not run, was a insurance writeoff but damage doesnt look to bad from the pics , i dont have any info on car in regards to rust

Without knowing the extend of the rust, it's just a parts car.

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it ...
popcorn[1].gif
bandjoey
There are 110 different things to make this a super costly restoration. That's ok and what most of us have done...spent way too much but do it because these are great cars to own. Don't plan on spending a few hundreds to get it running. It might need the entire left side replaced from the door to the trunk lock...sorta common when you see what rust can be there. The pans probably need replacing. All that said, get a local to do a PPI, or move on. There are lots of cars for a few thousand that are running, and drivable.

What's your budget?

Here's one $3500 Canadian in brampton, Ontario from the Classified. Good luck just don't buy the first one you see.

welcome.png
swl
Like andy said without knowing the rust state it is hard to tell. Certainly there is $500 worth of parts there. Seems to be some rust showing at the damage site. Really need to take an ice pick to it to tell if it is parts or restore candidate.

The bump was enough to pop the windshield so you have to wonder about how straight it is. Shoul also look at the suspension mount points. If they were weak the may have torn.

Let me know if you buy it for parts.
Katmanken
Check the roof attachment. See if the roof sticks out equally on either side at the roll bar.

Why? That front end hit may have tweaked the chassis, moved the passenger front shock tower in, and twisted the front shell slightly.

Had that problem on on one of my cars and the PO welded on replacement fenders and bondo'd the inner trunk area to look good.

If the longs, floor, and hell hole aren't gone, go for it.
crxnug
the car sold for $1500, i passed on it. my limit was $900 for a car with to many question marks, so even at $1500 with the auction, fees taxes and tow your looking at over $2000
tradisrad
the air intake for the filter is on the wrong side; it should point to the passanger side of the car...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.