Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feeler - what is my front bumper and pad worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
moparrob
As some of you may know I bought a 914-6 GT clone without an engine several months ago. I've decided to convert to a 3.0 liter and, accordingly, am going to be installing a front oil cooler.

IPB Image

The car I bought has a beautiful early bumper on it, painted black, and the bumper is in excellent condition. I don't have the heart to cut it up for an oil cooler opening since straight bumpers are hard to come by.

I ended up buying a fiberglass bumper and valance with cutouts already in place for the cooler, like this:

IPB Image

So I now have a spare tit-less bumper with a nice bumper pad to sell, but I haven't seen any for sale so I'm not sure what they are worth.

Sorry for the poor quality photo, but here is what it looks like:

IPB Image

The pad is straight with one defect on the corner:

IPB Image

I don't need the LE front air dam either so I'll throw that in the deal. I am going to keep the fog light assemblies, though, for the new bumper.

Any idea what I should ask for this stuff? confused24.gif

I want to do local pickup only, also, for what that is worth...

Thanks for your input.

Rob

robrose426@att.net
Tom_T
Rob, 1st you need to clarify your topic title & post. You're asking about a painted 71-72 painted steel front bumper (no tits/holes) & top pad (not "cover").

I've seen so-so quality used top pads at $50-75+, & painted bumpers for about that too - maybe $100-150 or so for both. Sell the used chrome foglight grills separately for about the same price $75-100 if in good condition with no pitting, cracks, etc., since a black bumper should have the painted grills. That's my 2 cents IMHO.
moparrob
Thanks for the info Tom. I modified the post to reflect the correct nomenclature.

I'm going to keep those fog lights for the new bumper. That is a good suggestion about the color, I think I'll powder coat them black.
Beach914
PM'd you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.