$83k.

Click to view attachment
brp986s
pray.gif
Click to view attachment
swood
That is sic. I like.
brp986s
Appearance-wise, the audi R8 is still very impressive. The Germans know how to do it. The corvettes look nice, but there are just too damn many of them out there. Infinity has an interesting concept car, but kind of over-the-top and everyone is ripping off everyone elses "hyper-fluid" styling. It doesn't exist yet and I'm already tired of it. Maybe the worst was the Lexus sports car, whatever it's called. Kind of the pontiac aztek school of thought. It looks like it got backed into a wall at 180mph.

lexus lfa

Click to view attachment
swl
Georgeous car but I can't let the teener here me say that. Side stripes look very familiar!
914Sixer
Lime green is not high on my list BUT I like the black treatments.
EdwardBlume
Awesome car. first.gif
J P Stein
Just Porsche marketing trading on the "R" spec of the past.....911R for the kiddies here. More BS.
Ya, I was there on Tuesday after work. All I can say is there were some cars that I would simply love to have..Like the Audi A3 TDI wagon, Audi R8rs in white, oh and the GT2RS...Ya... love them cars..but walked away feeling poor I have no means of buying them - other than looking at them.
rick 918-S
I talked smack about the Cayman from the first time I saw one. I still think it looks too much like a 911. I think Porsche should have re-designed the front bumper cover at least. But the roof line is perfect and the mid-engine is where it's at. I like the car in the retro Delphi with the positive stripe. It's a nice connection to days gone by.
John
Can you get one without the "alternate lifestyle" PORSCHE stripe on the side?

Vysoc
Drop a 4.0 in that little Pig and flare it out. Badge it as the Cayman RSR and let's go hunting Ferrari's on the track for the 2011 ALMS season.

Mid Engine Porsche with a 4.0, the thing would be a legend.

It will never happen though...... drooley.gif

Vysoc confused24.gif
underthetire
I like the car a lot, but the rear reminds me of a Nissan 360Z, or was it the 370Z confused24.gif
Kraftwerk
I wouldn't say that is "Lime Green" it is more like a "Metallic Pea-Soup Green"
anyway it looks like it could do the job..

85 k Whew!
A 914 was 3,600 in 1971 (That is $18,859 in today's dollars)
brp986s
I haven't seen delphi green metallic for so long I don't know if it is the same, but Porsche calls this "periodot".
bmtrnavsky
Saw the Boxster Spider at the Seattle Auto Show and it has that same stripe... You can't tell me someone at Porsche isn't thinking this is what the 914 would have evolved to if they had never stopped making it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.