Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replace pads/rotors or wait till...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I've got new rotors and pads for my car (sorry, 911) and the sensor for the pads is lighting up...seems I have plenty of pad when I do a visual check.....I want to replace the parts since they are going to need it....however, I've taking the car to the Marina auto-x this weekend and I am not sure if I should replace everything before or wait till next week.........

all factory parts (old and new parts) so no advantage/disadvantage due to more aggressive pads
SirAndy
if the pads pass the "eyeball" check, leave 'em on.

you're used to how the brakes feel right now and that'll build more confidence in your driving.
replace 'em after sunday and brake 'em in until the next AX ...

just my 0.02 Euro,
Andy
seanery
Mike,
agree.gif I had the same decision to make. I'm running a DE this weekend. I'm waiting til after it's over.
Britain Smith
Just a question, but how close is the brake wear sensor to the rivets that hold the pads? For some reason, I remember a guy on the bird board who did something similar and ended up with the rivets holding the pads putting a nice groove in the rotors.

-Britain
Brad Roberts
When the sensor lights you have 5-6mm of pad left to go before it hits metal. This normally takes over 1000 miles of driving (we just did a 996 brake job)

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 23 2004, 10:46 PM)
When the sensor lights you have 5-6mm of pad left to go before it hits metal.

any reason why is should NOT hook up the pad sensors on my (almost new) brakes ? i got the wire harness for them when i bought the stuff, all i would need is a light on the dash board ...

any thoughts?
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.