Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ImportMotor.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdArango
I was checking out Ebay and came across a company called Import Motors somewhere here on SoCal. They have an array of different 4 cylinder 914 engines that they offer.

Does anyone have any experience with this company? Please let me know what you know about them. www.importmotor.com

Thanks
ED
McMark
Click search at the top, type in "ImportMotor.com" and click the button. Saw about 10 threads with exactly the same title as yours. wink.gif
Tom_T
Ed - forget those guys!

For a basic rebuild of your 1.7, try Der Buggy in GG or Westminister (don't recall name of owner - Lew something? - they rebuilt the 2L for the replacement racer from my parts car/shell & Mike's, happy), or Otto's in Venice, John/Kap'n Krusty in Santa Maria, & maybe others on here in SoCal.

For an upbuilt motor, try McMark/Original Customs above for his Raby 2056 in Napa, FAT Performance in Orange (Ron is owner), or Aircooled Technology/MassIVe/Jake Raby in GA - depending on what you're looking for & budget.

Tom
///////
DanT
or source the proper parts and built it yourself...
take your 1.7L and put some 96mm pistons and cylinders in it and you have a very nice and lively 1911 that many here have and really enjoy.
dinomium
I had a very negative run in with Import about 5 years ago. Engine arrived shrink wrapped to a pallet with broken cooling fins and was leaking out the front main seal as it sat there... I had to build a crate and pay to ship it back to them...
Not exactly a 'glowing recommendation'!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.