Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTD: Original Dealer License Plate Frame
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Memorabilia
jim_hoyland
My 914 was originally sold by Circle Motors and I want to restore the plate frames.
tod914
Jim, I'm looking for "Victoria Motors / Victorville" VW. If you come across one in your search let me know. I'll keep an eye for yours.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 28 2010, 02:53 PM) *

Jim, I'm looking for "Victoria Motors / Victorville" VW. If you come across one in your search let me know. I'll keep an eye for yours.

Will Do. I'm also looking for a Sierra Porsche frame for Rob. Sierra was in Riverside, CA. And, be sure to check the Samba, I've several frame there. Search on dealer license plate frame and you get a pretty good return

Check this out: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/d...torville_ca.php

Did a general internet search on Victoria Motors....
tod914
Thanks Jim. Samba has so much info on it. Appreciate you digging that up. Abit of a holy grail quest trying to find them. But 1/2 the fun is looking. I'll keep Rob's request in mind too. By chance, do you know anyone who restores these old frames? Chrome shop possibly?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 28 2010, 06:09 PM) *

Thanks Jim. Samba has so much info on it. Appreciate you digging that up. Abit of a holy grail quest trying to find them. But 1/2 the fun is looking. I'll keep Rob's request in mind too. By chance, do you know anyone who restores these old frames? Chrome shop possibly?

I met someone at Car's and Coffee involed in making reproduction frames. You've probably seen the repro Chick Iverson and Brumos frames. I'll see if they are going to make them for any dealer next time I see him.

Another way to go is to have a custome fram made, this site allows you to design your own frame and has several grades of frames you can work with. I had a Circle Motors frame made; I like it, but prefer obtaining a pair of originals.

See: http://www.autoplates.com/store/solid-meta...er-p-71335.html

Here's pic of my Cicle Motors frame.....
tod914
Looks good Jim. The guy that remanufactured the Chick Iverson frames, seems to have the correct font, logos and raised letters to match the original frame. If he could replicate the Victoria Motors frame, I'd definetly be in for a pair or two. Be curious if needs to have a certian quanity for a run. I tried that site you posted, but they don't seem offer that. Thanks, Tod
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 29 2010, 08:49 AM) *

Looks good Jim. The guy that remanufactured the Chick Iverson frames, seems to have the correct font, logos and raised letters to match the original frame. If he could replicate the Victoria Motors frame, I'd definetly be in for a pair or two. Be curious if needs to have a certian quanity for a run. I tried that site you posted, but they don't seem offer that. Thanks, Tod

Did you look at the other styles available ? I couldn't get much better than the one I made. It is interesting that someone even makes them. Couple of years ago I found a web site that makes reproduction license plates. I needed a new front plate to match my rear blue '75 California plate. The copy is exact in size, color, and material. Turns out they will do any states vintage plates.
bembry
On a semi-related note. . .I'm following along with the dealer plate frame threads too! (Still looking for one from Bakersfield, CA 1973 era, but anyway. . .)

I'm hoping that CA will extend the Year of Manufacture (YOM) plate program to the 1970+ blue plates. I've grabbed a few nice sets from ebay in anticipation of this.

Anyone heard anything about this possibly happening?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bembry @ Nov 30 2010, 09:16 AM) *

On a semi-related note. . .I'm following along with the dealer plate frame threads too! (Still looking for one from Bakersfield, CA 1973 era, but anyway. . .)

I'm hoping that CA will extend the Year of Manufacture (YOM) plate program to the 1970+ blue plates. I've grabbed a few nice sets from ebay in anticipation of this.

Anyone heard anything about this possibly happening?

There was a topic/thread in the Garage on this very topic recently; try using the search. Otherwise, start a new topic and ask....
bembry
Hey--my bad. didn't pick up on it being in the classifieds (just searching by new posts). Thought you guys were just shootin the shit about the subject.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.