Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where the heck do my fuel lines go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Ok I'm lost. I have an extra set of steel lines in my tunnel that I cannot explain (they are not placed in a location for fuel, they split and go in opposite directions), put there by a PO. But they are plugged once they exit the firewall. I am not sure where they go in the front trunk. I have the rubber fuel lines that I can trace to my Webers...but they disappear halfway through my tunnel to the front. Where do they go?

Where do the fuel lines route to? And can anybody explain why somebody would install steel lines that are plugged, come out near the shifter, and split in 2 different directions?

And that is a mirror you are looking into.

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
The original fuel lines in the tunnel are plastic at the rear and steel at the front. The plastic is shrunk onto barbed ends of the steel lines inside the tunnel. Each line (supply & return) slides out to the rear as a complete unit. The steel portion turns to the right as it exits the forward firewall under the tank.
I think the two steel tubes that you see coming out of the firewall only a couple inches are for heat flapper box control cables.
patssle
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif They turn into steel? I did not know that and it has been driving me CRAZY trying to trace everything. So I guess these steel lines just end somewhere in the tunnel...

Any idea what these lines could be used for? They come out the firewall in seperate locations and point in different directions.

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 28 2010, 06:20 PM) *

I think the two steel tubes that you see coming out of the firewall only a couple inches are for heat flapper box control cables.

Like I said. I wasn't certain though, from your prior description.
They terminate inside the tunnel just behind the shifter opening.
IronHillRestorations
Those are the guide tubes for the heater control cable.
patssle
Ooops, sorry didn't read your whole post. The light went on about the fuel lines and got distracted.

Thank you, it all finally makes now.
windforfun
QUOTE(9146986 @ Nov 28 2010, 03:35 PM) *

Those are the guide tubes for the heater control cable.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.