Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB six conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
r_towle
I am looking for a six conversion that is maybe not complete, but ideally the engine is in and running.
Looking in the 10-13k range.

Rich
sixaddict
Rich:
I have a very nice 74 conversion however it is mostly done. My price is above your posted so this may be futile but for what you would get as a 13K project you could never complete for the same money. PM me your email address as I can never get photos on this site. I want 16500 (price should be 20)but will take parts at fair value in trade as difference. This car has a 2.2E engine that has been all the way down and resealed plus newly rebuilt MFI pump. Paint is virtually new...Zambezi green. I am in SCarolina. Even if you don't buy see what you should compare it to for value.
Terry

QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 29 2010, 09:09 AM) *

I am looking for a six conversion that is maybe not complete, but ideally the engine is in and running.
Looking in the 10-13k range.

Rich

vwsamba
I have a daily driving 73 blue plate california car i'd sell for $12k. It has a 1970 triple weber 911 e engine, carrera tensioners, velios oil tank, firewall mount, fglass engine tin, bolt on accelerator linkage, headers with stock 911 muffler. very strong running even compression engine. 7 and 8 fuchs wheels with radiused arches, 911 vented brakes front and rear, electronic tach upgrade, nardi steering wheel, just needs light cosmetics (hood paint faded and pass seat sides split)
racerbvd
Terry's SIX is worth the the extra $$$$
Click to view attachment
66galaxie
I have a slightly different animal I am thinking of selling, if you are interested. '73 with a 140 Corvair transplant. Been driving it for 5 months now getting the bugs out. New yellow paint, new brown interior, fuchs, full heat, still a work in progress. Will be leaving the country soon, so I thought I'd start over when I get back in a few years.

I'm a Corvair person and this is my first 914 (newbie to this site, too). Won't be my last. Engine is a mildly warmed up 140hp (4 carb) 2.7, pertronix ignition, 9:1 heads, bored secondaries, rotated carbs, internally regulated alternator, camaro 2-into-1 exhaust. New clutch with 7 lb flywheel. Side shifter shifts well.

Interior is custom vinyl/cloth houndstooth, wooden console with r/l cyl head temp, oil temp, oil pres, radio with 2 headphone jacks. New speakers, but headphones sound a lot better blocking out the noise. Nice laced on leather steering wheel cover (that took about 4 hours!).

Pretty much stock suspension and brakes with front stabilizer bar. I replaced front torsion bars with slightly larger than stock.

Needs new weatherseals all around. Also needs new plastics in the exterior door handles. A small amount of rust at the junction of the floor pan and the longitudinal under where the battery used to be (Moved it to the trunk).

I'll try to dig up some pics if interested. I'd like to get all I put into this, but that's impossible. I'd take $9,000 right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.