Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Machine shop recommendation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stewteral
Hey SoCal guys,

I'm rebuilding my engine and where I live in Ventura County (north of LA/OC) I can't find a local machinist to flycut my heads and do a proper valve job.

Do any of you have a suggestion for a good shop in the LA & OC counties?

Thanks,
Terry
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Len Hoffman Hoffman machine Athens Georgia. The cross country trip is worth it and besides Jake uses Len. (so do we for that matter!)

QUOTE(stewteral @ Nov 29 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Hey SoCal guys,

I'm rebuilding my engine and where I live in Ventura County (north of LA/OC) I can't find a local machinist to flycut my heads and do a proper valve job.

Thanks,
Terry

JamesM
QUOTE(stewteral @ Nov 29 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Hey SoCal guys,

Thanks,
Terry

When i lived out there i was told rimco was the place everyone took them.

http://www.rimcovw.com/
Cap'n Krusty
I send nearly all my shop and personal machine work to Engine Machine Service, located at 835 West Olive Street in Inglewood . That's near Manchester and La Cienega, site of the huge donut on the roof of Randy's Donuts, and just a few blocks from LAX. Phone there is (310) 641-7019. I say "nearly" because I also Use Competition Engineering in Lake Isabella, CA. He's a little backed up most of the time, but Walt's right up in "the best there is" ratings, especially for 356 and 911 related machining. I've been doing business with EMS for about 25 years, and will continue doing so until one of us retires. (I've worked with CE for closer to 50 years.) The guys at EMS KNOW what they're doing and charge reasonable fees. They'll tell you right up front if you're about to waste your money, unlike a lot of less reputable shops. They don't have a website, BTW. No time for it ....................

The Cap'n
Jake Raby
EMS is good.. Rimco is good for some things, especially a few of the procedures that only they do.. If you use Rimco ONLY deal with Todd, I've known him for years.

vwsamba
European racing in torrance/redondo area has done lots of heads and case machining for me . good prices/quality/and turnaround. they are on prarie off the 105 freeway near jbugs. best of luck
brer
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 29 2010, 03:59 PM) *

I send nearly all my shop and personal machine work to Engine Machine Service, located at 835 West Olive Street in Inglewood . That's near Manchester and La Cienega, site of the huge donut on the roof of Randy's Donuts, and just a few blocks from LAX. Phone there is (310) 641-7019. I say "nearly" because I also Use Competition Engineering in Lake Isabella, CA. He's a little backed up most of the time, but Walt's right up in "the best there is" ratings, especially for 356 and 911 related machining. I've been doing business with EMS for about 25 years, and will continue doing so until one of us retires. (I've worked with CE for closer to 50 years.) The guys at EMS KNOW what they're doing and charge reasonable fees. They'll tell you right up front if you're about to waste your money, unlike a lot of less reputable shops. They don't have a website, BTW. No time for it ....................

The Cap'n

Randy's Donuts, also worth the trip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.