Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 at Pick n Pull Newark Ca 5-18-13
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
A 914 recently landed at Pick N Pull in San Jose. I went for a look this morning. The engine, trans, and interior are gone. The suspension was still all there (brakes and shocks) but this car did not have sway bars. The windshield appeared to be intact. Here are some pictures and the vin and color code for Andy to add to the VIN report.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Vin #4742920693
Click to view attachment

Silver Metallic L96D
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 29 2010, 03:27 PM) *
Here are some pictures and the vin and color code for Andy to add to the VIN report.

Added ...

Thank you Sir! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
Is it just the angle or do those steel wheels look wider than usual? If i'm not mistaken, those only came in 5.5" ... idea.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 29 2010, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 29 2010, 03:27 PM) *
Here are some pictures and the vin and color code for Andy to add to the VIN report.

Added ...

Thank you Sir! beerchug.gif

That's number 6,032 in the VIN database ! smile.gif
DanT
Michael,
did the car have all 4 steel wheels on it and the little black center caps?
Michael N
Here is a different angle on the tire / rim. The tires were a set of Pirelli 4000 195/60/15 which were in decent shape and all matched. They even all had the black plastic center caps for the rims.

Click to view attachment

Michael N
QUOTE(DanT @ Nov 29 2010, 04:00 PM) *

Michael,
did the car have all 4 steel wheels on it and the little black center caps?

All steel rims were there and matched. I was about to grab the caps but one had some minor scratches so I slapped them back on the car for some one else.
DanT
wonder what they would want for all 4 wheels/tires/caps? Any idea Michael?
Michael N
No idea. I find it is very subjective based on the mood of the counter clerk. I called and they said $5.00 for the rim and the tire starts at $6.99 and can go up to $15.00 depending on the condition. Here is their Price List.
Michael N
QUOTE(DanT @ Nov 29 2010, 04:06 PM) *

wonder what they would want for all 4 wheels/tires/caps? Any idea Michael?

Looks like someone already pulled them and now they are on craigslist.

link to craigslist ad
McMark
A 914 recently landed at Pick N Pull in San Jose.

Do they email you or somethin'? confused24.gif
DanT
maybe it is the crappy cell phone pics or flash,,,,but those wheels look white in that CL ad....confused24.gif
guy obviously thinks he has found the holy grail.

I guess my street/winter tires will be mounted on my practically new Rivs... biggrin.gif
McMark
LOVE this part of the ad:

ill take what ever for the caps
as for the rims
make a offer

av-943.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif
benalishhero
I like the jack stand technique.........
arkitect
Michael,
Last time I was there, there were 2 914's, a white one and a yellow. Are they still there?

Dave
championgt1
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 30 2010, 07:23 PM) *

LOVE this part of the ad:

ill take what ever for the caps
as for the rims
make a offer

av-943.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif

I love the crappy pictures.
Michael N
QUOTE(arkitect @ Nov 30 2010, 07:38 PM) *

Michael,
Last time I was there, there were 2 914's, a white one and a yellow. Are they still there?

Dave

They were gone.
Michael N
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 30 2010, 07:19 PM) *

A 914 recently landed at Pick N Pull in San Jose.

Do they email you or somethin'? confused24.gif

It a super secret link I check about once a week. But remember it is super secret.

Super secret 914 link to Pick n Pull's 914 status
Michael N
Just sharing what I saw to 914world.

Pick-n-Pull - Windsor
10475 Old Redwood Highway
Windsor, CA 95492 US 707-838-4691

Make / Model/ Year / Row / Date On Yard
Porsche / 914 / 1970 / 0070 / 04/28/2011

Somebody get the vin while you are there.
Krieger
What was left on the car?
Michael N
I didn't see the car. I just saw it was newly posted on thier site.
mikey63
I checked out the car and got some decent stuff of it. The doors look good as well as as the glass. No engine but it did still have a side shift trany.The car is a 1970.
Check out the pics. I will add this to the data base.
Sleepin
Wow! Someone cut off that DS rear quarter for me?

IPB Image
Root_Werks
Somebody should grab that steering wheel hub adapter. Those are getting hard to find.
Krieger
I saw that. Does that fit early only? What wheels bolt up?
GaroldShaffer
Yep, only fit the early cars. Also need to grab the rear hubs (or complete trailing arm) because they were also bossed to be drilled for 5 lug if going on a /6.

Grab the steering column (early cars only), silver button guages, the good fog light (if lense has a line going across 1/3 of the way from bottom it is the correct lense for 70-early 72 models. The lense style, not shape, changed on mid 72 -74 cars) fog light switch, lower & upper dash pads (here again different than later model 914), outside door handles, inside door handles with surround (later had black plastic surrounds), glove box & door (again different than on later style cars)
Krieger
Today I was able to get the winshield out of this car and home without breaking! This car has adjustable Koni shocks in the front. They felt stiff.
Michael N
Attached are pictures as the car was on 5/19/13. Vin # 4742917508. Black L041. Still had the 1.8 l jet injected engine and side shift transmission with shift rod.

I forgot to check the build date. Black 74 and I didn't take time to look for the yellow markings of a Bumblebee. It did have sail panel vinyl and chrome sail panel trim. I doubt it was a LE bumblebee.
Michael N
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
type47fan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 29 2010, 04:41 PM) *

Is it just the angle or do those steel wheels look wider than usual? If i'm not mistaken, those only came in 5.5" ... idea.gif

Good eye, Andy!

For a short time, I had similar wheels on my 1972 914. I got them from from a 1973 VW Sports Bug. They were described as Lemmerz VW steel sport wheels, 5.5J x 15, offset code ET34. The skinnier Lemmerz 4.5J x 15 steel wheel has offset code ET41. The width & offset are stamped into the front of the wheel center, between the lug bolt holes.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.