Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any idea where to get these clips? Solved --
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moparrob
I've been trying to buy this clip forever and can't seem to get it right.

IPB Image

The part number, per various sources is 999.166.017.02. However, when I tried to buy this from AA they told me the part number has been superceded and they sent me two zip ties???

I've tried to Google it and get 5 different results. Why are these so hard to find?

I'm starting to get a complex. headbang.gif

Does anyone know where to get these or have any for sale?

Thanks
Tom_T
IIRC I got some from Sierra Madre Collection earlier this year. Look at their website under 914 & brake parts.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store...tail&p=3291
SirAndy
QUOTE(moparrob @ Nov 29 2010, 03:44 PM) *
However, when I tried to buy this from AA they told me the part number has been superceded and they sent me two zip ties???

av-943.gif
Sorry, but that is funny ...

If you can't get them new, places like HPH or EASY will probably have boxes full of used ones. shades.gif
moparrob
AHA!

The correct part number is 914.355.665.00.

Tom you are awesome.

You guys are the best, thanks again 914 World members.

Drinks on the house... beer.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
moparrob
OK, am I thinking too much?

They call those 'brake hose clips' and not brake cable clips. Also, the other references to them via Google show these used on the brake hoses.

Are the clips for the hoses and cables one and the same??

Now I'm really confused.

Maybe I should just use the zip ties.... unsure.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that does not look like a brake line clip but we have plenty of brake line "C" clips on the shelf!!
moparrob
The picture I included was a clip I bought at a local hydraulic shop - in sheer desperation. It is not the real clip - just an idea of what it looks like
Jeffs9146
The correct part number is 914.355.665.00.

I am looking at the factory parts book and it shows that part number printed with a line through it and a new part number listed under it as 113.611.715A listed as "Holder"!

You can purchase them from lots of bug shops Clip available here![u]
moparrob
Thanks Jeff. That new part number gets a lot more action on a search.

I guess my only question is whether that brake 'hose' clip will also work on a hand brake cable?

Are they the same size?

Gint
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 29 2010, 05:05 PM) *
that does not look like a brake line clip but we have plenty of brake line "C" clips on the shelf!!
Is that why you sent him tie wraps? av-943.gif That's just hilarious. And the fact that you now come along proclaiming to have the real parts in stock is over the top.

Moparrob, please, please tell us what AA "brake line clips" cost you.
McMark
Here's a real picture of the clip that holds the ebrake cable to the trailing arm. The part number in your original post is correct. Your best bet to find this part is to post a WTB with my picture in the classifieds, or call EASY 510.653.3279

The clip that holds the rubber brake fluid hose IS NOT the same.

A tip for next time: mention WHAT the part your looking for is, not just a picture of some random part from the hardware store. tongue.gif

silver74insocal
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 29 2010, 08:06 PM) *

Here's a real picture of the clip that holds the ebrake cable to the trailing arm. The part number in your original post is correct. Your best bet to find this part is to post a WTB with my picture in the classifieds, or call EASY 510.653.3279

The clip that holds the rubber brake fluid hose IS NOT the same.

A tip for next time: mention WHAT the part your looking for is, not just a picture of some random part from the hardware store. tongue.gif

that appears to be a cable tie to me sir confused24.gif
moparrob
Ahhh McMark. The Holy Grail!

I am truly indebted to you. Now THATis the correct clip. You sir are truly a gentleman and scholar. pray.gif

I'll find two of these and will be good to go.

Thanks again.

I just sent an email to AA customer service with a pic of that clip (the one I originally ordered) so hopefully they'll straighten this out tomorrow.
championgt1
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 29 2010, 03:55 PM) *

However, when I tried to buy this from AA they told me the part number has been superceded and they sent me two zip ties???

av-943.gif

If you can't get them new, places like HPH or EASY will probably have boxes full of used ones. shades.gif

av-943.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 29 2010, 11:05 PM) *

Is that why you sent him tie wraps? av-943.gif That's just hilarious. And the fact that you now come along proclaiming to have the real parts in stock is over the top.

From the other post in the classifieds:

"Mark - the zip ties were $2.15 each wacko.gif "

blink.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 29 2010, 03:55 PM) *

av-943.gif

I have to agree with Andy... That is just too freakin' funny for words!!!
moparrob
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 29 2010, 10:00 PM) *

Those are the wrong ones that I thought I needed. If you see McMark's picture - those are the C-clips I actually needs.

Are zip ties the duct tape for the new millenium?
Jeffs9146
I don't know? I am looking at the Factory 914 parts Manual List and "if" you are talking about the brake line at the rear trailing arm the part numbers I listed are the correct numbers, right out of the book! I can scan it if you want.
Jeffs9146
It looks like the clip you are wanting is the 999.166.017.02 locking ring which is for the E-brake cable!

$0.50 each!

Gint
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 29 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Something I read on audizine.com seems appropriate here. "That's bat-shit crazy."
ConeDodger
QUOTE(moparrob @ Nov 29 2010, 08:59 PM) *

Ahhh McMark. The Holy Grail!

I am truly indebted to you. Now THATis the correct clip. You sir are truly a gentleman and scholar. pray.gif

I'll find two of these and will be good to go.

Thanks again.

I just sent an email to AA customer service with a pic of that clip (the one I originally ordered) so hopefully they'll straighten this out tomorrow.

Can we please see the invoice and a picture of the zip ties? This is Hall of Fame stuff... blink.gif
McMark
Maybe they're NOS zip ties from the lost warehouse... unsure.gif
Scott S
no no no.... didint' you guys get the email? They bought the original zip-tie molds, spent millions having them reconditioned and are now making the only truly original zip tie copies...
championgt1
lol-2.gif dry.gif
KELTY360
lol-2.gif

It's not safe to skip a thread in this joint. You never know when classic irony and entertainment will break out. I love this place! wub.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 29 2010, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 29 2010, 11:05 PM) *

blink.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

$2.15 each .....please tell me you didnt pay that ! if so I thick AA owes you a kiss cause god knows they just fucked you hard.....JMO
moparrob
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Nov 29 2010, 11:30 PM) *

It looks like the clip you are wanting is the 999.166.017.02 locking ring which is for the E-brake cable!

$0.50 each!

YEP! That's the one I ordered. AA is looking into it and hopefully they'll send the right ones out soon.
Dr Evil
Was that with shipping? Thank you for sharing such an embarrassing prison fuck! I would have kept that to myself. Nah, who am I kidding, I like to let y'all laugh at me when I get screwed over.

av-943.gif sheeplove.gif
Eric_Shea
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...211%2D609%2D619

914 guy pricing this week...
John
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Nov 30 2010, 11:03 AM) *

no no no.... didint' you guys get the email? They bought the original zip-tie molds, spent millions having them reconditioned and are now making the only truly original zip tie copies...

In other words, they are molded out of the wrong material, the wrong color, and the wrong texture (and probably molded from a distorted or melted original). Much too brittle and thick to work. (that is IF they arrive to you in one piece)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.