Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914gt style harness bars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
fasthonda
Does anyone know where I can get individual harness bars similar what was used in the 914gt or do I need to fab these myself. see photo.

Thanks in Advance.

Michael

Click to view attachment
McMark
PM Eric_Shea. He's building one of the most accurate GT replicas I've seen.
javadog
You can buy them here:

http://www.mittelmotor.de/

JR
fasthonda
QUOTE(javadog @ Jan 10 2011, 06:22 AM) *

You can buy them here:

http://www.mittelmotor.de/

JR

Not willing to spend that much. I ended up making my own from U bolts. Thanks

Click to view attachment

PlaysWithCars
Michael, nice job. They look great. Any pictures of the build process? What u-bolts did you start with? I was planning on doing a similar build but haven't researched starting points yet.
fasthonda
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Jan 23 2011, 11:32 PM) *

Michael, nice job. They look great. Any pictures of the build process? What u-bolts did you start with? I was planning on doing a similar build but haven't researched starting points yet.

Thanks. I am very pleased with how they turned out.

HD Galvanized U-Bolts
Thread = 3/8 - 16
Dimensions 3 1/16" w X 2 1/2" L

This size worked perfectly. For the flanges I started with flange nuts. Drilled out the thread and ground down the top of the nut and welded in place. They would be much prettier if TIG welded.

The spacing on the fire wall is important. I spaced them the same width as the harness holes in the back of the race seat, which if I remember right is 20 to 25 cm. Just measure the race seats, this width is pretty standard.

I noticed on early GT cars there spacing looks wider than what is ideal for modern race seats.

I will add a picture of the backing plates if you want.

Regards
PlaysWithCars
Did you have them plated afterward? They don't look galvanized anymore.

Yeah, a picture of your backing plates would be interesting. Don't go too far out of your way for it though. There's not a lot of room in there so I expect they kind of design themselves based on the available space.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.