Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Green Bilsteins, say wha???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
So I have heard about these factory option green Bilsteins, although I have never seen a COA or window sticker specifically listing them. My 74 Bumblebee car has them on the front, but not on the rear. I have located these two pics of a front and a pair of rears.

The rears don’t appear to have any bottom spring perch or any way of supporting the springs, and they look skinnier than the new black Bilsteins I recently bought. Anyone have the vintage green Bilsteins that can show how they support the rear springs?

Can the old Bilsteins be rebuilt?

Are they as good as todays Bilsteins?
JeffBowlsby
And the rears...
Mark Henry
My parts car a '75 2.0 has those front struts, (are they the same, better and/or worth anything) it had aftermarket Bilsteins on it.
Aftermarket Bilsteins and 140lbs (I think) on the back.

Get this, sitting since '85 and the billy's are still good!
Brad Roberts
I dont want to be a party pooper....(cause I have found these on 914's also)

But... do your struts actually say Bilstein on them ?? I mean the strut... not the shock.

My friend Darren (who is on the BBS) had a set on the front of a 73 2.0 he bought for parts.

Bilstein near LA rebuilds them. I send off Bilsteins and have them valved the way I want.

B
J P Stein
The fronts are Bils for sure.....note the roll pins.
The rears look like 9eleben shocks.
Brad Roberts
Yep

Those pics are of 911 rear shocks... and the fronts are 911 also.

The 914 Bilstein fronts I have ran across dont use the upside down 911 Bil shock (so they wouldnt have that pin.

B
Brad Roberts
Sorry.. I should say why they are 911 (Carrera actually) They have the mount for the ABS sensor right here:

B
Jeroen
ABS?
The 911 didn't get ABS 'till the 964 (which has very different struts)
Unless I'm mistaken, the mount your pointing at is the mount for the brakeline

cheers,

Jeroen
porsche735
Brad,
How much is it? What valving for 23mm torsion and 22mm sway? Where do you send them? I am sure our's are original....

Thanks,
Chris
JeffBowlsby
Those two pics are something I pulled off EEE-Bay...They were merely advertised for a 914 - something I certainly don't rust unless I know for sure, which is one reason I posted these here...for feedback.

I haven't checked the ones on my LE car for an actual Bilstein name/symbol/stamping...
Brad Roberts
Jeroen....

You are correct. The 911 didnt get ABS until 964. Those are the BRAKE PAD warning sensor brackets. The 84 Carrera had brake pad warning sensors lights in the gauges to let you know when the pads where getting low (at least in the USA). ABS sensor came to mind first.

Chris,

Contact me offline. I'll give you the contant information for Bilstein. The rebuild prices are fair.

B
Jeroen
Hey Brad,

You're right as well... crappy pic (or I just didn't look close enough)
The tab for the brake line is on the other side ofcourse (duh!)

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.