Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has a source for Special edition front spoiler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
Preferably not fiberglass. Looking for a more durable/flexable material. If it came out of the box in black, it would be even betta.
ConeDodger
Rick if you mean the LE spoiler which came on the Bumblebee and Creamsicle cars, I have only ever heard of it coming in fiberglass and the source I would use because of meticulous attention to originality is Appearance and Performance in our Member Vendor section.
Bleyseng
The OEM LE spoilers were made of fiberglass with little front metal braces..
One made of a beautiful smooth moulded ABS plastic would be nice.........
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The new original ones were a combination of fiberglass and plastic but would still break, Jeff may have one for sale. VW AUDI made an excellent reproduction plastic one for awhile but those are long gone and we have not been able to find the mold like we did the ABS original raised letter rocker panels.
We have however made a mold from one of the original plastic LE spoilers and it is superb if I do say so myself. MUCH better than the repros of the original LE spoiler that we sell. Those are about as good as they get

QUOTE(RickS @ Nov 30 2010, 12:11 AM) *

Preferably not fiberglass. Looking for a more durable/flexable material. If it came out of the box in black, it would be even betta.

pcar916
Rich Bontempi at High Performance House, Redwood City CA. I've gotten two of them from him over the last 16 years.

2431 Spring Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
(650) 364-6234
dem
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 30 2010, 07:05 AM) *

Rick if you mean the LE spoiler which came on the Bumblebee and Creamsicle cars, I have only ever heard of it coming in fiberglass and the source I would use because of meticulous attention to originality is Appearance and Performance in our Member Vendor section.

I have Morph's. He is no longer selling them finished (too much work I guess!)

Mine still had a fair amount of pinhole voids in the black gel-coat, so if I were to refinish it, it'd still require a fair amount of work. I left it as-is for now because it is otherwise shiny and black and fit absolutely perfectly - the shape and dimensions are spot-on.

It is 1000x better compared to the POS LE spoilers of 10 years ago that Performance Products was selling. That was awwwwwwwwwful - extremely rough, HUGE swathes of voids, and barely fit, to boot!

McMark
Preferably not fiberglass.

Good luck. In that case, you're looking for ORIGINAL LE parts which are REALLY hard to find and priced accordingly. You could probably get 2 or 3 fiberglass ones for the same price and have spares ready to bolt on should something break. laugh.gif
RickS
Great leads! Too bad about the lack of ABS/rubberized tho. Thanks guys for the fast responses. Great site and great members.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.