Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB:: Rear Coilover setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jaybird840
Hi All,

After my successful (so far!) rebuild and install of my 2.7RS motor, I need to start tuning the suspension to handle the increased weight and HP/Torque. So, I'm in need of a coilover setup for the rear. I'd prefer something that has been set up and run on a six conversion so I don't have to monkey with spring rates too much. My car is a weekend driver, so track spring rates don't apply. Let me know what you've got. Thanks!

--jaybird
hwgunner
do you have Bilstein rear sport shocks already?
jaybird840
Koni's, I think.... Lemme check.
hwgunner
Measure the outside diameter of the shock body while you are at it. Some of the Koni's are the correct diameter for the threaded sleeve and some are not. If they are the right diameter then you would not have to buy shocks if yours are still good and you want to keep them. beerchug.gif
DanT
or you could just run 180# rear springs...they will be quite capable of handling the 2.7

I had them on my 2.7RS 6 years ago and they worked great on the street and the track...they were mounted on custom valved Bil sports. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.