Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: List of US Ethanol Free Gas Stations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX
Tom_T
You'll note that there are ZERO in the Peoples Republic of California! sad.gif
GeorgeRud
Unfotunately, you'll see fewer and fewer without alcohol over time, as the government seems quite happy to keep Archer-Daniels' profits high.

We've been stuck with oxygenated fuels here in Chicago for quite a while, so it's nothing new for us.
poorsche914
There is one in my home town plus a handful in Knoxville. smile.gif
Thanks for the link.

driving.gif
realred914
I looked at the list, I didn't see no "free gas" no place. it's misleading you got to pay for the gas on the list.
At first I thought heck yeah,!! free gas! list!! when i first saw the post, I was all stoked in to getting the free gas list, cause prices you know, have been going up. I thought, heck, someone is trying to help us out with free gas, like man, thats cool of some one, not just some one, but look, they have so many folks givng away free gas that they had to make a list of them. Like that was too way cool, too way cool to be true,

Bummer huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

P.S. I read the post again, I see the gas that they are selling, the gas you actually have to pay for on that so call "free gas list", Well turns out they took the good stuff out, no booze, no white lighting, no fire water, flip zero alkeyhaul content, zero proof., distilled it all away, bummer, no drinking it, and if you cant drink it it might as well be free, cause it aint worth nothing. these folks are all screwed up selling this stuff, how's one to get their buzz on, huh????

smontanaro
I'm surprised there are any in the state of Illinois what with all the corn we grow. Heck, all our diesel appears to be between 5% and 20% biodiesel. (I recently bought a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI.)
pcar916
Jim Blakewell's Red Carpet car washes in OK City!
smg914
I switched to Ethanol Free Gasoline for all my vintage cars. Here is a list of all the stations that carry it in the Tampa Bay area. I use the Brandon Farm Store.

Brandon FARM STORE 87 89 93, Take I-75 South to Dr. MLK Blvd. Mango exit 260. Go East 3.1 miles to S Parsons Dr. Turn Right. Go 1.5 miles to Windhorst.
103 W. Windhorst Rd. Brandon, FL 33510 - Tel. # 689-5524

Clearwater UNBRANDED 90 McMullen Oil Company 11965 49th Street north

Dunedin CITGO 90 Quick Nick's Citgo 840 Broadway

Lakeland UNBRANDED 93 Webb's Service Center 2820 South Florida Avenue

Largo UNBRANDED 93 Sunoco 1403 Clearwater Largo Rd

Mt Dora CHEVRON 87 93 Harris Oil 21901 U.S. 441

Sarasota UNBRANDED 90 max's market 2616 Stickney Point Rd

St. Petersburg SUNOCO 90 Bollinger's Sunoco 3800 Tyrone Blvd N

Tampa CITGO 87 89 93 Rainbow Food Mart South Howard Ave
Mark Henry
In Canada I notice that Shell regular has 10% ethanol, mid grade 5% and big sign on the premium says ethanol free.
speed metal army
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 30 2010, 07:55 PM) *

In Canada I notice that Shell regular has 10% ethanol, mid grade 5% and big sign on the premium says ethanol free.

The tank is small.Just run the chevron 94! smile.gif
Readily available,and makes most of my old stuff happy.
realred914
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Nov 30 2010, 07:14 PM) *

I'm surprised there are any in the state of Illinois what with all the corn we grow. Heck, all our diesel appears to be between 5% and 20% biodiesel. (I recently bought a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI.)

even corn farmers know this heavliy subsitized corn fuel is shit. forced on us by the corn lobby's lap dogs, the politicans. dam all them farmers and there stinking alkyhual shit, and dam them politicans for forcing this corrosive, expensive, milage killing shit on us, all in the name of politcal payoffs and bribes. dam them all to hell. (with aplogies to C. Heston)
Mike Bellis
There is a 76 in Los Gatos that sells 106 Octane Race fuel from the pump. It may be the last place in Cali to fine alcohol free fuel. It was around $8 per gallon last time I was there.
scotty b
Timely post for me. I have in the last week had to drain 5 month old gas from my motorcycle and rebuild the carbs ( that I rebuilt a year ago ) due to shitty ethanol gas. All of the brass parts in the carbs were coverd with green corrosion. The 930 that was dropped off last week would BARELY run due to year old shitty ethanol based fuel so I drained it too. I was talking to the guy I used to work with about this and he told me about a Hemmings article he just read about Ethanol fuel, and they also tested Stabil, and came to the conclusion it is a waste of money. The article basically said for winter storage, drain all the fuel out of the vehicle dry.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Nov 30 2010, 11:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 30 2010, 07:55 PM) *

The tank is small.Just run the chevron 94! smile.gif
Readily available,and makes most of my old stuff happy.

We don't have Chevron stations in Ontario. Sunoco 94 has methanol last I checked.
realred914
yeah all this alkeyhaul was for a solution to global warming, what a scam, pretty cold is it not? now we got ruined cars, increased cost of fuel, and higher food prices, plus since this is subsidized with tax money to the producers and since the govenrment is deep in debt, all this alkeyhaul fuel crap has added more debt for your kids to pay off.
time to get on the phones and email and demand of these politicans that this stuff be no longer mandated for our 914's. thats the only fix to this mess.
JmuRiz
(scotty b @ Dec 1 2010, 08:16 AM)Timely post for me. I have in the last week had to drain 5 month old gas from my motorcycle and rebuild the carbs ( that I rebuilt a year ago ) due to shitty ethanol gas. All of the brass parts in the carbs were coverd with green corrosion. The 930 that was dropped off last week would BARELY run due to year old shitty ethanol based fuel so I drained it too. I was talking to the guy I used to work with about this and he told me about a Hemmings article he just read about Ethanol fuel, and they also tested Stabil, and came to the conclusion it is a waste of money. The article basically said for winter storage, drain all the fuel out of the vehicle dry.gif

Damn, not even Stabil works on E10 gas now (just after I topped off my 356 with gas and Stabil)...that SUCKS...so we'll all get rusted tanks from having them dry...but our carbs won't be gummed up.
Wonder if the Stabil for boats works?

I've had my 2-stroke sting trimmer gum up on me, my mower sputters and my 914 idles like CRAP...lovely.

Has anyone tried StarTron fuel additive? Any success?
bandjoey
There are a couple of tracks her selling 100LL (avgas) and 110 race gas. Other than cost is there any advantage or disadvantage of getting a tank of one of these ever 3-4 tanks of gas on a stock street motor?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 1 2010, 10:11 AM) *

There are a couple of tracks her selling 100LL (avgas) and 110 race gas. Other than cost is there any advantage or disadvantage of getting a tank of one of these ever 3-4 tanks of gas on a stock street motor?

Dissadvantage: $$$

Advantage: You will be 0.2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile. biggrin.gif
bandjoey
http://www.rxp.com/master.htm

Read the info all you technical people (especially people like Jake) and what do you think?

This is a fuel additive with lots of cleaning power. Would it help in a 914, carb or FI?

smontanaro
This statement: "Proven to increase Mileage as much as 12.2%" makes me immediately skeptical. If it did improve mileage significantly (maybe it only attains the 12.2% level when going downhill with a tailwind?) and was legal to put in your tank, don't you think most oil companies would be including it in their gas by now? Why wouldn't "Radiant Containment Technology" (whatever that is) work for later model cars? What does it mean to increase "the thermal value of the fuel"? Took me about three seconds to come up with those questions and I think most people would come up with them as well. Still, they aren't on the frequently asked questions page.

From their MSDS it looks like it's nothing more than a very small bottle of fuel oil:

CODE

Ingredients:    RxP Fuel Oil
% By Weight:    100

As I indicated, I'm skeptical.

S
realred914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 1 2010, 10:32 AM) *

http://www.rxp.com/master.htm

Read the info all you technical people (especially people like Jake) and what do you think?

This is a fuel additive with lots of cleaning power. Would it help in a 914, carb or FI?

seems like a bunch snake oil advertising hype, this website lists the MSDS as being made in 2004 so this is not new stuff, and if it really was so good at improving pollution and mpg would not everyone be using it now, six years later?

i read the section on "how it works' there was no techincal data on how it wroks, no chemistry, nothing of any use to help determine how it works.
it says something about making teh burn more complete, but heck, that is the same line of crap that was sold to us when MTBE and Ethanol were forced on us, yes more oxygen in the fuel to help the burn, but that meant less 'fuel' to burn per unit volume of fuel.

i am not sure what this snake oil is, the website is useless and appear to be a cheapo try at a razzle dazzle marketing thing.

i have doubts about it.

the website also mentions that this stuff reduces global warming gasses, that is a sure fire sign this thing is fraud based. global warming is a fraud thus so is stuff claimed to prevent it.

BULLSHIT meter on high for this product
campbellcj
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 1 2010, 07:54 AM) *

There is a 76 in Los Gatos that sells 106 Octane Race fuel from the pump. It may be the last place in Cali to fine alcohol free fuel. It was around $8 per gallon last time I was there.

My local 76 has 100 octane at the pump, around $6.85/gal currently.

I have been meaning to find out if it's ethanol free or not. Anybody know? Quickie web searches have been fruitless but I can try calling 76 if all else fails.
campbellcj
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 1 2010, 10:27 AM) *

Actually my understanding is that for a stock street motor that does not need the extra octane (we're talking 914's not a modern car that can advance or retard timing dynamically, run higher turbo boost, and so forth), performance can actually be hurt.
realred914
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 1 2010, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 1 2010, 10:27 AM) *

Actually my understanding is that for a stock street motor that does not need the extra octane (we're talking 914's not a modern car that can advance or retard timing dynamically, run higher turbo boost, and so forth), performance can actually be hurt.

if you up the octane you can up the timing within limits and get more performance with out detonation. detonation is a fine line, it is hard to hear voer all the other engine noises, and even inaudiable detonation can destroy an engine. but if you fell lucky and run high octane you can get way with a bit more timing advance in general. a hot engine under load is more prone to ping.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 1 2010, 12:01 PM) *

Has anyone tried StarTron fuel additive? Any success?

I have not tried it, but at a recent PCA tech session, the topic of fuel stabilizers came up. There were a couple of guys who had bad stories about Stabil, but found StarTron to be wonderful when used with E10 fuel blends. One of them was a chemist and had an incredibly complex explanation (which I won't even try to type out) for why StarTron was better. YMMV

If I find StarTron the next time I have to buy one of these products, I'll try it, but I've never had troubles with Stabil in the past....

Here is more information about StarTron
bandjoey
Most fuel cleaners smell like kerosine and berrymans mixes. IF a motor was decarbonized and has freshly cleaned injectors. It's conceivable to bump 30 mpg up to 33-34mpg. It's a SECRET formula u know. happy11.gif Would anything like this (any brand) help a TIV Is the real question.
black73
...a Hemmings article he just read about Ethanol fuel, and they also tested Stabil, and came to the conclusion it is a waste of money......

I googled hemmings stabil and found....

http://www.hemmings.com/newsletter/newslet...=4&issue=28

Tools, bits and pieces

STA-BIL… it’s better!

STA-BIL is now offering a new formula that delivers corrosion protection.
If you own anything with an engine that’s going to be sitting in storage for more than a couple of weeks, you’ve no doubt heard that adding STA-BIL fuel stabilizer is a good idea. Today, there’s a lingering question about the increased use of ethanol; both its effect on vintage engines and long-term storage.

The Gold Eagle Company, markers of STA-BIL, has introduced a new formula to its tried-and-true product for added corrosion protection relevant to ethanol-infused fuels. In short, ethanol attracts water from the air, which can cause corrosion damage to fuel tanks and lines, as well as carburetors and injectors.

It also acts as a solvent on accumulated deposits that have formed in the fuel tank, which can cause engine performance problems. Safe for use in virtually all gasoline-powered engines, the improved STA-BIL formula not only protects the fuel system from ethanol-based corrosion, it contains a water remover and injector cleaner to keep carburetors and fuel injectors clean. It costs $5.99 for an 8-ounce bottle, or $11.99 for 32 ounces.

For more information, call Gold Eagle at 800-621-1251, or visit www.goldeagle.com.
- By Matthew Litwin

And......

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/naples...aca/ethanol.pdf

Off Season Storage:

Since water increases corrosion, always take precautions to eliminate any introduction of
moisture into the fuel system. The tank should be kept full during storage to minimize condensation
on the tank walls (alternate is, run dry).
Quoting: Gasoline should not be stored for long periods of time, especially during seasonal
changes that usually have large temperature changes associated with them. Care should be taken

not to allow water into the fuel system, while filling fuel tanks or in the form of rain or splash,
for example.
Aside from any ethanol “problem” gasoline stored for extended periods will "oxidize" resulting
in the formation of gums which contribute to fuel system and engine deposits. Gasoline is
typically stable for a period of at least 90 days but may be 30 days old when you purchase it.
Therefore if you are storing your vehicle for a period in excess of 60 days you should add a fuel stabilizer. Those stabilizers are nonalcoholic
"antioxidants"
that extend the storage life of
gasoline. Examples include Gold Eagles "STABiL"
which states it deals with ethanol, NAPA's
"Store ItStart
It", Advance’s StarTron. .

Summary of Solution Approaches:

Verify Fuel Tank Integrity
Change out flexible fuel lines to Post1980
product
Change Fuel Filters More Frequently than in the Past until Obviously not needed.
Not mentioned above, but: Use best grades of gasoline available. Of possible interest in
this respect is that Shell Premium (a Tier 1 Gasoline) now contains Nitrogen as a sludge
fighter.
Use Fuel Stabilizers – Stabil, other brands of non alcoholic mixers
Fill Tanks when storage beyond 30 days (or run them dry)
Seal Tanks to reduce moisture generation
An adage from a 1930’s Sabatini Novel is: Forewarned is Forearmed. Appropriate here

scotty b
I did the same after I made that post. dry.gif I will see Aren in the next day or two and find out exactly what article he read. He stays up on this kind of stuff so I don;lt really question what he read, just maybe he quoted the wrong source confused24.gif
Al Meredith
I addad "SEAFOAM" to a tank last month and noticed the difference within 50 miles. I have a japan 2.7L V6 that was beginning to run rough. I have a very smooth runner now and the milage has improved. Any comments on SEAFOAM?
scotty b
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Dec 1 2010, 06:51 PM) *

I addad "SEAFOAM" to a tank last month and noticed the difference within 50 miles. I have a japan 2.7L V6 that was beginning to run rough. I have a very smooth runner now and the milage has improved. Any comments on SEAFOAM?

It's great. I use it frequently with carb cars that have been sitting for a long time. SLOWLY popur it directly into the carb while the car runs and you can hear it smooth out, really good at cleaning out the old varnish and freeing up passages. I also am a big fan of Lucas additives smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Dec 1 2010, 08:51 PM) *

SEAFOAM ROCKS! I put it in everything I own. Only thing you might want to watch is I believe when I added it to my motorhome that had been sitting for awhile, it broke enough stuff loose it kept clogging my fuel filter. Not sure that was the cause but possible. I still use it in EVERYTHING I have that has a motor from Porsche to weedeater. aktion035.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I've been using "Clear" gas (thats what Oregon calls it) for the last year. Noticed a bit more miles per gallon in the Teener. It works really good in the two stroke motors also! The chainsaw, mower and log splitter are nice and clean inside. Had to put the chainsaw in the shop last year after sitting over the winter, all gummed up inside!
bandjoey
Scotty. How much Seafoam do you pour into a carb and will it smoke big for the neighbors? If the car is being driven regularly is putting it in the gas better?
URY914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Nov 30 2010, 08:23 PM) *

St. Petersburg SUNOCO 90 Bollinger's Sunoco 3800 Tyrone Blvd N

I filled up my truck at this place in St Pete yesterday. 89 octane was $3.15/gal.
93 octane was 3.49/gal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.