Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me put a value on this rear bumper.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
Nelson's car gave this up. After a good cleaning, I found a pretty nice bumper underneath the grime.

No dents, one scuff and a hand full of pock marks in the chrome. Not rusty on the back.

What's it worth?

IronHillRestorations
I know how hard it is to find a really cherry chrome bumper, so my valuation would probably be high. Nice piece Joe!
Dr Evil
Its worth what someones willing to pay for it, put it in the classifieds ya mook tongue.gif poke.gif
moparrob
Its worth the price of a shiny new one less the cost to re-chrome it and get it to that shape - at least to someone who is doing a total restoration.
Lou W
Looks great, but it's probably worth less than a new one.

av-943.gif
smg914
Joe,
I may be interested in that rear bumper. I've been looking for a nice clean straight rear 71-73 bumper for my M471. The one that was on the car for the Excellence Magazine photo shoot, I borrowed from the sahara beige 914. So far I purchased 2 rear bumpers and neither ended up nice enough to put on the car. I had one of them rechromed for $350.00 and it turned out horrible. So this would be my third attempt. At least your in Florida and since I'm in Tampa I should be able to drive over and check it out before I spend the money again. I do want the bumper to be near perfect so I would probably have yours sent out to be rechromed for another $350 but I certaintly won't have the same place that screwed up my other one do it again.
Thanks,
Steve
realred914
icon_bump.gif PER get it???? Bump Per!!!!!
EdwardBlume
I'd say $150 as a buy and go bumper since its straight...
Series9
QUOTE(smg914 @ Dec 2 2010, 01:15 AM) *

Joe,
I may be interested in that rear bumper. I've been looking for a nice clean straight rear 71-73 bumper for my M471. The one that was on the car for the Excellence Magazine photo shoot, I borrowed from the sahara beige 914. So far I purchased 2 rear bumpers and neither ended up nice enough to put on the car. I had one of them rechromed for $350.00 and it turned out horrible. So this would be my third attempt. At least your in Florida and since I'm in Tampa I should be able to drive over and check it out before I spend the money again. I do want the bumper to be near perfect so I would probably have yours sent out to be rechromed for another $350 but I certaintly won't have the same place that screwed up my other one do it again.
Thanks,
Steve

It's not good enough for your purposes, Steve. The spot with the scuff is very slightly distorted.

Looking around, it looks like it's only worth about $150. For that little, I'll give Nelson credit and keep it myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.