Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - 2007 Mercedes C230 opinions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robby750
Anyone have experience/opinions on a 2007 Mercedes C230? Good or bad?
moparrob
Run quickly. Those are cars you want to lease for three years and then watch them unravel for the new owner.

The cost and frequency of repairs can be exorbitant - kind of like buying a used Porsche.

For some real data and information of actual value you should log onto some of the user forums and see exactly what present owners are bitching about...
jmill
I'd go with a 3 series BMW instead. Oh, wait I did. Wife loves it. I prefered the sportiness of the BMW to the perceived luxury of the Mercedes. Haven't regretted that choice so far.
Porcharu
My old boss used to say 'engineered like no other car - thank god'
Mercedes just 'won' most unreliable car. Like others have said - RUN.
pete
QUOTE(robby750 @ Dec 1 2010, 09:39 PM) *

Anyone have experience/opinions on a 2007 Mercedes C230? Good or bad?

I have a 1998 C230. It has 104,000 miles on it and it hasn't spent a day in the shop yet (I hope I didn't just jinx myself) I'm the original owner. The only thing I've had to replace so far is the mass airflow sensor. Mercedes wanted $800 to do it. I bought an original Bosch on ebay for $140 and my 7 year old daughter installed it in about 5 minutes. It's extremely easy to work on (oil changes, air sensor, brakes etc) I will change the serpentine belt shortly which comes off in seconds. Mercedes is expensive if you have to have them do anything. The side mirror spring anchor broke recently. I asked Mercedes if I could buy just the anchor point. No, I had to buy a whole new mirror to the tune of $500 and another $200 to install it. I fixed it with a drill, cotter pin and a washer which acted as the new anchor point. I would look for a cherry older model. They're built much better.
Cupomeat
Buy an audi A4 instead. My 2003 avant has been stellar and i prefer it over the C class.

Hell, the later 2007 A4s are event better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.